These free London Themed Reading Comprehension worksheets are a great way for children to practice and improve their reading comprehension, vocabulary and their writing skills. They will also be working on their letter and word recognition which is an important part of learning to read.
Reading Comprehension Worksheets
Use these free, printable worksheets to practice and improve reading comprehension, vocabulary and writing. Also, through completing these worksheets children will be practicing their reading skills, as well as their understanding and making sense of material that they read. These are important skills that they will need later in life. These simple, yet thorough worksheets are a wonderful tool for young children to help improve their literacy skills.
Each reading passage is followed by exercises which for younger students focus on recalling information directly from the text and for older students focus on prediction, inference and character traits.Learn about fifteen different World Famous Sights with this amazing free World Famous Sights Printable Pack.
Reading Comprehension Exercises
In this downloadable pack, you will receive 10 different reading comprehension worksheets. Each worksheet has a different themed, but they all relate to London eg. Big Ben, crown, London buses and the London telephone boxes.
To complete these worksheets, children will read the four sentences in the box at the top of the page. Then they will answer three multiple choice questions below. They can circle the answer and then practice their handwriting by writing the answer on the line provided.
Free Reading Comprehension Worksheets
These worksheets could be laminated and held together with a ring. Then children can use a dry-erase marker to complete the activities.
To increase their learning, they could also read books about each of the themes that are noted on the worksheets. If there are any words that they haven’t come across before, they could learn how to use a dictionary and find the meanings of these words.
Looking for other fun activities to help kids practice their letters? You will love these free alphabet printables for kids:
- Ice Cream Cone Alphabet Tracing
- Tools Upper and Lowercase Matching Puzzles
- A to Z Letter Find
- Polar Bear Alphabet Matching
- Learning Rhyme and Rhythm with Nursery Rhymes
- 50 Ways to Improve Handwriting
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Snack mats
- Alphabet Playdough Cards
- Fall Alphabet Sticker Worksheets with circle stickers
Kindergarten Reading Comprehension
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!