Spring is here and that means little ones will be antsy to play. One great way to encourage creativity and provide an engaging activity is with the April Build Challenge. Kids love building blocks; this lego challenge calendar is the perfect spring activity for kindergartners to keep little hands and minds busy. Use this writing challege as an april writing prompts to keep kids entertained in between subjects or as a warm up before the school day begins. Simply print pdf file april journal prompts and you are ready to build with these spring writing prompts.
April Writing Prompts
Make practicing writing fun this spring with these free april writing prompts for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. These writing prompts for april are not just any old writing activity, they include a building element which makes this a kindergarten writing activity children look forward to and ask to complete. Use our lego challenge calendar to build and write this april.
Lego writing prompts
April journal prompts
Print out your free copy of the April Build Challenge Printable. The challenges are sure to delight your child. The build challenges are engaging so your child will keep busy completing the build. You can extend the challenge by adding in a lesson by having your child write something associated with the challenge. Your child can do one building challenge a day or divide it up as it suits your child interest.
Kindergarten writing prompts pdf
- Add in a stress free writing exercise to encourage your child to practice writing.
- Add in a simple handwriting exercise by having your child write what he built.
- Add in more fun by including the whole family on the building challenges.
- Play a build race with a partner and see who is fastest.
- Think about expanding on the challenge by making it a speaking prompt. Once your child is finished with the build challenge, have her present it to the family. If she is hesitant allow her to practice by presenting it to her stuffed animals first.
- Use the build prompts as a build charades game. Split into teams and have one person build while the other person builds. Whichever team guesses correctly the most wins!
- Encourage your child to build the challenge and tell a story about it! Allow your child to build an entire scene. Make it a family event by having each member build a portion of the story.
✏️ See more Kindergarten Writing prompts here
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- LOTS of fun and clever March Crafts for Kids
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Printable Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Umbrella Letter Matching Activity
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
April Journal Prompts
By using resource from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> April Lego Challenge <<