Looking for a fun way to practice sight words? Sight word train is a fun, free printable sight word game for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders. SImply print onf of the sight word games for kindergarten boards to have fun improving fluency with dolch sight words. Simply print pdf file with free sight word games and you are ready to play learn.
Sight Word Game
Practice makes perfect! That is especially true for helping kids learning sight words. This Sight Words Game allows children to have fun while improviing sightword fluency with these words that appear over and over in written literature. This free sight word games is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this engaging sight word train. Use this sight word games for kindergarten in a literacy center, at home, in the classroom or for summer learning.
Sight word train
Word Train Activity
Start out by printing out these sight words printable set in either color or black and white. Complete instructions are included so you know what pieces you need whether you are building a color train or coloring in your black and white sight word train.
You can print out and assemble the printable dice or use a dice from another game you have on hand to play this game.
Now pick the train track board with the words you want to practice – there are three kindergarten sight words Build a Train Boards to pick from. You will need minifigures, doorables, or math manipulatives to move around the board.
This game can be played by yourself or with friends, classmates, or siblings.
Learn SIght WOrd Games
There are two options in this train themed sight words games:
- Print the colorful train page (s) and cut apart. Students will go around the gameboard reading sight words and gathering train cars to build their train. There are several different colored trains so each player can have their own color.
- Print the black and white train page (s) and cut out the entire train strip. Kindergartners will will go around the sight word gameboard reading sight words and coloring in their train cars.
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, engaging and free kindergarten sight word activities, games, and worksheets? Check these resources out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Printable Sight Words List
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
Looking for more fun, free transportation printables to help kids learn a variety of skills with a fun transporation theme? You will love these transportation free printables:
- Construction Worksheets – looking for another huge pack with tons of activities to help teach your kindergartner? You will love this huge construction theme!
- Dump Truck Counting Mat – Count to 20 activity that uses foil or playdough as a hands on manipulative.
- Help kid spractice a variety of skills with this HUGE pack of Transportation Worksheets
- Transportation Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids improve reading skills with this fun transportation themed learning activity
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable activity
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters – practice handwriting while tracing letters with this fun transportation theme printable
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a no prep activity for early learners.
- Transportation Playdough Mats – Kids will have fun recreating vehicles while strengthening hands using play dough.
- School Bus Alphabet Matching – practice matter upper and lowerase letters with a fun back to school theme.
- Check out these transportation activities for preschool
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets – work on one to one correspondence with this fun hands-on transportation activity
- Make some artwork as you try this silly painting with cars activity for kids
- Practicing counting to 100 with this number train printable
- Don’t miss these fun-to-read Transportation Books for Kids
- Airplane cvc words worksheets to complete with do a dot markers
- Crazy Roads Kindergarten Sight Words Game or the pre-k sight words version or first grade sight words games edition
- Practice sight words with this fun, Train themed sightwordgame
free train games
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!