One of the skils pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders need to master is learning to tell time on a clock. Using handy, free printable, telling time worksheets like these cut and paste worksheets is a great way to practice. These clock worksheets allow kids to practice without any prep work. Simply print telling time worksheets pdf and you are ready to play and learn!
Telling Time Worksheets
Yes, teaching a child to tell time on an analog clock is still essential. Many children are intimidated by the lesson because they think looking at the time digitally is just plain “easier”. However, teaching this skill is not difficult and soon your child will easily grasp the concept of time and the use of an analog clock quickly. These time worksheets are great for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Telling Time Cut and Paste Worksheets
Print the Telling Time Cut and Paste Worksheets. The first two pages focus on telling time by the hour. The second two sheets focus on telling time by the half hour. Children have to cut out the clock face and glue it on the square with the correct time. This allows the child to see the clock, read the time on the clock, find the correct spot, and read the time on the spot to glue the clock face. This interactive activity will not only keep little hands busy it will help your child remember the lesson.
- Print the sheets and cut out the clock faces. Have your child put the clock faces in order and in reverse order.
- Print the sheets and cut out the clock faces. Give your child one face and ask your child questions such as: What time is one hour from the time in your hand?, What time is 5 hours from the time in your hand?, What time is 3 hours before the time in your hand?, What time is 30 minutes from the time in your hand?, What time is 30 minutes before the time in your hand?
- Add in more fun by having your child sort through the clock faces and putting them in order as fast as he can.
- Use the clock faces to create a schedule for your child. Have your child paste the clock face on paper and write the activity next to it and so on until his schedule is complete.
Telling Time Worksheets PDF
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Telling Time Activity with Free Playdough Mats
- Students will have fun practicing counting American money with these Coin Value Clip Cards
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Telling time worksheets pdf
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Telling Time Worksheets <<