Have fun learning your alphabet letters and the sounds they make with this super cute letters sounds activity. This pirate printables is such a fun, hands-on phonics activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students to identify the different sounds letters make. There are two levels to this learning letter sounds activity including both an alphabet letter matching activity and a letter sound games where students will match gold coins with clipart featuring the same initial sound as the beginning sound the letter on the treasure chest makes. Simply print pdf file for this fun pirate letter sounds matching game for a fun, free printable letter learning activity is a fun and affective way to learn letter sounds.
Letter Sound Games Printable
Children will enjoy learning their letters with this cleverly themed pirate letter learning activity. This fun letters and sounds games includes cut out alphabet treasure chests, letter gold doubloons, and gold coins with pictures to work on identifying the initial sounds of words. You simply find the three coins with either pictures with the featured letter, or the lower-case letter, and you put them on their corresponding treasure chest. This pirate worksheet will make learning their letters fun! In addition, it helps to sound out tougher words and to find out the letters making up the word. These free worksheets are a great addition to your pirate weekly theme to make learning letters FUN! This is a fun pirate activity for kids from preschoolers to kindergarteners and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a teacher, parent, homeschooler, or student, this pirate activities is a great educational resource for you. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a suplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum. It is great when we can make learning fun!
Letter sound matching game printable
Letter sound games printable free
In this pack of 10 pages, you will find all 26 letters of the alphabet, you then can choose to do some or all of the letters.
Letter sound matching worksheets
After printing the intial sounds game on cardstock and/or laminating for durability, it is time to carefully cut out the treasure chests and gold coins. Store them in a file folder or ziplock bag until you are ready to use them.
Letter sounds games
You can present just a few letters at a time or give your children all the letter chests at one time. The more coins and chests they have to sort at a time, the more difficult the phonics activity.
First, students will do a simple letter matching activity by matching the uppercase letter treasure chests with the gold coin with the corresponding lower case letter.
Next, students will say the name of the clipart on the gold coin to figure out the initial sound of the word. Once they’ve figured out letter sound they will complete the beginning sounds matching activity.
Learning letter sounds games
There are three coins to match to each chest. This is such a fun way for kids to practice learning letters and the sounds they make.
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Initial Sounds Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
> Parent Set<<
>> Teacher Set <<
I’m an Australian parent. Can you please make an editable version so that I can change some of the images to suit us Thanks