These adorable yellow school bus printables are a fun way for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students to work on Learning Alphabet Sounds. Use this back to school printable to introduce children to phonics as they learn the beginning sounds words make while practicing matching upper and lowercase letters too.
Learning Alphabet Sounds
This back to school alphabet activity is such a fun way for students to work on phonemic awareness. There are 26 alphabet school buses to print. Each bus from A to Z contains a featured letter and 3-4 cute clipart of an image with the same beginning sound as the letter on the bus. After using this first day of school activity for learning alphabet sounds, children can match the lowercase letter tires to the correct phonics buses.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this super cute printable perfect for teaching young children the foundational skills they will need to read. I just love educational activities that make learning fun1
Beginning sounds match
Start out by printing the buses in color on cardstock or laminating for durability. Then prepare this phonics game by cutting out the buses and wheels. The wheels can be cut out as squares or the wheel only.
Teaching Letter Sounds
To play this ABC Game, students will match the lowercase wheels with the correct bus. The bus has both the uppercase, capital letter and pictures that have the same beginning sound. This is such a fun introduction to teach letter sounds to preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
This is such a fun back to school themed way to practice matching upper and lowercase letters. Prek, kindergarten, and first grade kids will have fun with this literacy activity perfect for the first day of school.
There are a couple way to use the beginning sounds element to this activity:
- Have students say the name of the pictures in each bus and listen for the beginning sound
- Cut the school buses in half to make both phonics puzzles and upper and lowercase letter puzzles
- Introduce the letters one-at-a-time as part of a letter of the week curriculum
Beginning Sounds Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Super cute, Free Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets using Do a Dot Markers
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
Back to School Printables
Back to School Printables
- Glue Number Bonds Worksheets – practicing addition within 20
- Practice what comes next with these Back to School Math pencil counting strips
- Work on color recognition with these adorable Crayon Box Craft for Preschoolers and Kindergartens
- Record your child’s favorite as they head off to school with these All about me printable poster for kindergarten
- Celebrate the 1st day of School with these First Day of School Hat.
- Back to School Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Back to School Counting Puzzles
- Printable Back to School ABC Games
- Back to School 1-10 Number Worksheets
- Back to School Color by Number
- Free School Supplies Tracing Worksheet
- I Spy Back to School Printable
- Free Back to School Worksheets Preschool
- Back to School Theme for Preschoolers
- Apple Worksheet Preschool
- School Bus Beginning Sounds Activity
- Free Back to School Coloring Pages
- Free printable first day of school signs
- School Supplies Tracing Lines Free Printables
- Super Cute and Easy Pencil Craft
- Free Back to School Worksheets – Crack the Code
- School Supplies Free sudoku printables
- Back to School Printables Bundle
- Super cute, Free All About Me Printable Poster for Kindergarten
- Free Alphabet coloring pages
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free printable alphabet worksheets
- Winter color by number
- LOTS of free alphabet worksheets
- Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Dinosaur printables
- Free kindergarten math games
- Free alphabet worksheets
- free kindergarten worksheets
Back to School Phonics Buses
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I am enjoying all of your ideas and activities. Thank you for sharing!