Help your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child practice numbers with this Easter counting game. This free Easter game is a fun way to practice counting to 10, one to one correspondence, concept of quanity, and more. Simply print easter printable and you are ready to play and learn with this hands-on Easter activities.
Easter counting game
Your students will love our sweet Easter counting game. Easter is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about Easter-themed learning activities for your Kindergarten students! This free printable activity will help your students practice counting from 1-10.
We all know it can be tough to teach math in Kindergarten. We have a class of children who are all at different levels. Some students grasp math quickly and go from strength to strength, while others struggle with the basics. Children who had the opportunity to enjoy lots of early mathematical experiences before coming to Kindergarten will often do better than their peers who did not have that advantage. We will usually end up with a wide range of abilities in our class. We must somehow meet the needs of many different levels at once.
Still, one thing is for sure, we know that all our students need time to practice their math skills. The question is, how can we motivate our students to want to do this?
Most kids enjoy games, and they all love Easter. So, we thought, why not take advantage of that and combine the two things into a fun learning activity? Our Easter Bunny counting mats will delight your students and help them practice counting from 1-10. They can be used as a standalone activity or part of a larger Easter unit.
The Easter counting game is quick and easy to make. We designed the game for children that still need to practice counting. It is a fun and engaging way to help your students practice their counting skills. Kids will enjoy adding bunnies to the grass. We can add to the fun by encouraging them to make up stories about the rabbits as they play.
Free Easter Game
This Easter-themed counting activity teaches all the skills associated with learning to count. This includes
- Practice counting from one to ten while using the conventional order of numbers.
- One-to-one correspondence.
- The concept of quantity.
- Reinforcing the idea that the last number you say tells you the number of objects you have counted.
- Practicing reading numbers and numerals.
- Using manipulatives to experience what those numbers and numerals symbolize.
This set is the perfect solution for busy teachers who need a quick counting activity for those students who need extra practice. These sweet Easter Bunny web mats work really well for young learners developing their counting skills. They allow our concrete thinkers the chance to use manipulatives alongside cards with numbers and visual images. It is a powerful combination.
Why Ten Frames?
Base ten is a critical concept in our number system. It lays the foundation for a better understanding of more complex mathematical concepts.
Ten frames provide children with the opportunity to count objects up to ten and see what they look like. The understanding children gain from this experience will help them tackle more complex math concepts like place value! This concrete work helps students build a solid foundation in math that is invaluable.
Free Easter Counting Game
All you need to do is download and print the pieces of the Easter counting game. Some parts need to be cut apart (see the direction below). You might want to laminate them so that they last longer.
Children pick up a ten frame, count the Easter Bunnies, then place the same number of bunnies on the grassy counting mats.
- Free printable (link below)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Small Easter Manipulatives (optional) I love these Easter Bunny Mini Erasers.
- Laminator (optional)
Easter activities kindergarten
- Print grassy counting mats, Easter Bunny ten frames, and individual bunnies onto card stock.
- Laminating all the pieces will make them last.
- Cut apart the mats, ten frames, and unique bunnies if needed.
Easter activities Preschool
- Place the ten frames face down in a pile.
- Give students a grassy counting mat and 10 bunny manipulatives.
- Turn over a ten frame and count the number of Easter Bunnies. Count out the same number of bunny manipulatives and place them on the mat. Can you make up a story about those bunnies?
- Hop the bunnies away and turn over a new ten frame. Now you are ready to start again.
You can also use these counting mats to help students practice addition. This would be an excellent activity for children who have mastered counting but want to play with the Easter Bunnies.
- Turn over the first ten frame and place that number of bunnies on the grass.
- Turn over a second ten frame and place that number of bunnies on the grass.
- Now count the total.
- Can you make up a number story about those bunnies?
Three Easter Bunnies met in the grass to hide some eggs. They called for some help. Two more Easter Bunnies came to lend a paw. How many Easter Bunnies are in the grass now?
Easter is right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate Easter than with some Easter-themed counting mats? The Easter Counting Mat will delight your students and help them learn their numbers 1-10.
Numbers to 20
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn numbers 1-20? You will love these resources:
- Monster Counting 1-20 Games
- Pool Counting and Writing Numbers 1-20
- Candy Teen Number Activity
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Reader
- Teen Number Worksheets on a Number Line
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Activity
- Star Wars Number Tracing Writing Practice 1-20
- Number Worksheets 11-20
- Construction Count to 20 Playdough Mats
- Apple Count to 20 Activity with Hole Punch
- Fall Math Numbers 11-20 Worksheets
- Number Writing Practice 1-20 Worksheets
- Catch Bugs Counting to 20 Game
- Number Recognition Counting Game 1-20
- Monster Counting to 20 with google eyes
- Trace and Erase Numbers 1-20
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Peeps Science Experiment – Easter STEM Activities for Kindergartners
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
- Super cute Peep Craft Stationary
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Egg Craft for kids – Homemade Chia Pet
- Amazing Egg Experiments
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Printable Easter Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!