Our FREE, easy worksheets are a FUN and effective way to practice words that end in SH! This free printable sh words worksheet is a simple cut-and-paste activity perfect for students who are just starting with sh words or need extra practice. This activity includes sh words for kindergarten and is great for literacy centers and can be used by individuals or students working in pairs. Simply print sh digraph printable activity and you are ready to read and learn!
Words that End in SH
As a teacher, you are always looking for new and fun ways to engage your students. We put together a set of FREE printable worksheets to practice words that end in SH. This digraph activity is easy and fun, which means kids will love it! We designed these no-prep sh words worksheets so that kindergartners can work independently, making them perfect for literacy centers, early finishers, or homework. The best way to learn spelling patterns is through repetition and practice. These no-prep sh worksheets that include the sh digraph help to add variety to your classroom! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these activity working on the sh words for kindergarten is sure to be a hit!
Moving On From CVC Words
Reading and writing are crucial skills for children. As you know, it takes a lot of time and practice to become proficient in these skills. First, children need to master reading and writing CVC and sight words. After that, it is time to move on to terms with more complex structures. So we can start to introduce blends and digraphs.
Digraphs are two letters that come together to form one sound. Digraphs may contain vowels or consonants. The following examples show consonant digraphs
- sh as in fish
- ch as in chop
- th as in think
- CK as in black
You will find many consonant digraphs at the beginning or the end of words. Our worksheets concentrate on the digraph sh at the end of words.
SH is a digraph and has its own unique sound. You can’t sound out the s and h separately and put the two sounds together. This makes them a bit tricky for beginners. The sh sound in words like “wash” or “dish” can sometimes be difficult for students to hear and read.
The free printable worksheet below will allow your Kinder to practice reading and writing words that end in sh. These worksheets are easy to do and a snap to prepare. Students are sure to love practicing their sh words.
sh words for kindergarten
We are using the following words that end in SH.
SH words worksheet
- Three cut, paste, trace, and match worksheets.
- One writing page.
We also provided a picture key in the package as well. It has all the pictures with the accompanying words. This is helpful if students do not understand what some of the pictures are showing. Some of the words like “push” or “mash” are not immediately obvious from the picture. We created the key in both color and black and white. We would suggest reading through the key with the students and talking about the pictures.
Our worksheets feature some fun superheroes who need help matching the pictures and words. Each sheet covers 4 different words that end in sh. The first step is to read the words. Then match them to the correct pictures, which are cut out and pasted into place.
The writing page can be used after each worksheet is completed. Students are invited to choose one of the words that end in sh from the sheet. Then they write a sentence that contains the word and draw a picture to illustrate the sentence.
sh digraph worksheet
Although these seem like simple activities, they are actually very effective in increasing literacy skills. Phonemic awareness is developed by isolating sounds within words. By connecting the sounds with the letters, students build their phonics skills. In addition, the writing sheet helps make that connection between reading and writing.
I love how simple these worksheets are! They are perfect for kids just starting to read sh words. Get your own set of FREE worksheets by clicking the download button below.
sh worksheets pdf
- Invite students to find more words that end in sh. You could make a class book to record the words.
- Print two copies of the picture key, cut them up, and use them as a memory game.
sh worksheets free
The digraph sounds can be tricky at first. The sh sound in words like “brush” or “fish” can sometimes be difficult for young learners to hear and read. They need a lot of practice. Our free printable worksheets can get them started. The best part? No preparation is necessary! Just download and print, and you’re ready to go. Why not snag your set today?
- Ending Digraphs BUMP Game
- Digraph Games – ending sounds sh ch th
- Free Printable Digraph Bingo
- Spelling ch and tch worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Puzzles Dipthong Games
- Flower Digraph Activity
- Ice Cream Digraph activities for first grade
- Spring Digraph activities for second grade
- Fun, Free Digraph Activities
- Words that end in sh worksheets
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Reading Words Free CVC Printables
- Short a words Reader
- Caterpillar CVC Word mats
- Snowman CVC Words Activity
- BUMP! CVC Words Game
- Christmas CVC Words Printable
- Planting Carrots CVC Activity for Kindergarten
- Secret Decoder CVC Word Activities
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- R Blends Worksheets For Kindergarten
sh sound worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!