Sneak in a fun educational activity that is great for helping your child learn to express themselves and work on early literacy with these free printable Summer Build and Tell Lego Challenge Cards.
Make the most of this summer by helping to make sure your child is learning and avoiding the summer slump. This activity is a great way to help students work on strengthening fine motor skills, showing creativity, and learning to express themselves with words, sentences, and complete thoughts.
Looking for more ideas for summer learning? Our site has lots of fun, education approved learning activities for kindergartners this summer. Practice matching upper and lowercase letters with these hamburger themed puzzles. Work on skip counting for kindergartners with this delicious ice cream themed math. You can make a super cute fisherman math craft to work on number bonds. We have so many more fun and engaging ideas to review math, literacy, science, and more!
Lego Challenge Cards
You can have your child pick a card daily, weekly, as a boredom buster, or however it best fits into your schedule. Many of the cards are designed to be used more than once. For the cards that ask the child to build a favorite you child can build a second favorite or you can change up the card a little to keep the fun going. For example, for the card that says “build your favorite character” you can say “a cartoon character” or “Disney character” to keep things fresh. For the card that says “build your name” you can change it to “build your middle name” or “build your last name” or simply a word.
Summer Learning for Kindergartners
Complete challenges as a family so everyone gets a chance to practice building and speaking in front of others. Invite friends over and complete challenges with them. For children who are not fond of building you can make these drawing challenges. You can expand the experience by having your child write her little speech first.
Help children add some other fun, summer educational activities to their days with these:
- Surfboard Opposites Puzzles
- Practice subtraction with this fun and clever Sandcastle Math Craft
- Camping Themed Worksheets practice a variety of math and literacy skills with kindergartners and pre k
- Cute Bubble Word Family Activity for developing literacy skills
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20
- Summer Sight Word Mazes
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheet
- Swimming Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Popsicle Phonics Puzzles
- Pool Writing Numbers
- Sun Alphabet Tracing
- Count to 10 Vegetable Clip Cards
- Bee Counting to 12
Download Summer Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!