Although playing with playdough is fun, these fall themed, pumpkin playdough mats. These free playdough mats help improve fine motor skills and practice counting to 20. These number mats are a great way to practice counting from one to twenty with toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten age students.
Pumpkin Playdough Mats
These 22-pages of Free Fall Pumpkin Playdough Mats contains one fall-themed playdough counting mats for each of the numbers one through twenty. To prepare these playdough mats, I recommend laminating them. Alternatively, you could place them in sheet protectors, but that would not be as sturdy as laminating. This is such a fun, hands on counting activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners.
Fall Playdough Mats
Pumpkin Counting Mats
- On each mat, you will find one large number. This is great for number formation. Your child can form the number out of playdough and then move onto the counting part of the mat. Then they can add the correct number of balls of playdough or small pumpkin shapes to the number frames. Then they can they make their own pumpkins out of playdough; green for small unripe pumpkins or orange for large, ripe pumpkins and place the correct number on the vine. They could also use yellow playdough to make pumpkin flowers and place the correct number of flowers on the vine.
Fall Counting Mats
- Alternatively, if you have laminated these mats, your child can use them to practice their handwriting as well. Using a dry-erase marker, you child and trace the number, draw the correct number of pumpkins or flowers on the vine and then place the correct number of a dots or crosses in the ten frame.
- They could also use math counters, cut out shapes, foam stickers or game board pieces on these mats as well.
- Once they ready to move on, you could use these mats for simple addition and subtraction practice. Using two different colours of play dough, have your child create problems on the vines and in the ten frames, for example on mat number 4 they could add one green pumpkin and 3 orange pumpkins to equal four.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
Download Fall Playdough Counting Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!