The cute, colorful peep marshmallows always call to me in the Easter aisles at Target, but I don’t really like eating them. So we decided to use them to create a fun peep craft. This easter painting for kids is such a pretty project that will delight kids of all ages. Use this simple easter crafts for kids with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Do you like peeps? I know there are some that do and some that don’t. I think that’s the only way it goes, either you do or you don’t – there is no in between. I personally don’t like to eat them but playing and creating with them is so much fun! Did you know that peep bunnies make the perfect stamp when used with paint? That is how we created this adorable Peep Painted Easter Stationary. This peep craft is not only a fun Easter craft idea for kids, but a fun easter activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students too.
The art of writing letters is lost. It’s not something that many people do, but who doesn’t love receiving handwritten mail? I know I sure do! It is something that we will have to remember to do often, but we should work to bring it back. I am a firm believer in this. So we try to create stationary, at least for holidays. This way we can write letters and send fun, personalized mail to our favorite people.
All you need to make this fun peep craftivity are a few simple materials:
- Blank Cards or Cardstock
- Peep Bunny Heads
- Paint in your favorite spring colors
- Paper Plate or something to put the paint on
Simple easter crafts for kids
Start by getting your cards ready. If you are using cardstock, fold the paper in half. And cut perpendicular to the fold. This will give you a card. Pour the paint onto the paper plate that you would like to use. You don’t need a TON but you do need enough to put your peep in it, and it will get covered in paint.
Consider your design that you want to make before actually starting. Dip one peep bunny head into each color of paint you are using. Make sure it is saturated quite a bit, or your painted stamp will be blotchy.
Easter activities for preschoolers
Press the peep bunny head right down onto the pape. Your fingers might get slightly sticky to the peep, so make sure you are sticking and unsticking in a way that will prevent smearing. If you need to, pull your hand away before actually pulling the peep to make sure you’re not too sticky. When yo’re ready to stamp again, dip it back in the paint and get it coated well, and stamp again.
The possibilities of design are endless. You could create a whole spring theme with an easter basket or spring garden theme.
We also made one that is a full sheet of cardstock. This is great if you have a longer letter to write or if your much younger children want to draw a picture.
Easter painting for kids
How fun is that? Now you can still buy the peeps, feel festive but not have to actually eat the peeps.
Easter Arts and Crafts
Looking for some cute and clever easter crafts? You will love these fun ideas! Plus don’t miss Over 50 Creative Ideas To Fill Easter Eggs , our cute bunny pancakes, or our traditional bunny cake.
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Peeps Science Experiment – Easter STEM Activities for Kindergartners
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
- Super cute Peep Craft Stationary
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for free Easter worksheets or educational easter activities? Check out these resources and don’t miss our Easter Lesson Plan for Preschool or our Easter Books for PReschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Egg Craft for kids – Homemade Chia Pet
- Amazing Egg Experiments
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way