Have fun learning your alphabet letters and the sounds they make with this super cute letters sounds activity. This pirate printables is such a fun, hands-on phonics activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students to identify the different sounds letters make. There are two levels to this learning letter sounds activity including both an alphabet letter matching activity and a letter sound games where students will match gold coins with clipart featuring the same initial sound as the beginning sound the letter on the treasure chest makes. Simply download pdf file for this fun pirate letter sounds matching game for a fun, free printable letter learning activity is a fun and affective way to learn letter sounds.
Letter Sounds Activity
Children will enjoy learning their letters with this cleverly themed pirate letter learning activity. This fun letters and sounds games includes cut out alphabet treasure chests, letter gold doubloons, and gold coins with pictures to work on identifying the initial sounds of words. You simply find the three coins with either pictures with the featured letter, or the lower-case letter, and you put them on their corresponding treasure chest. This pirate worksheet will make learning their letters fun! In addition, it helps to sound out tougher words and to find out the letters making up the word. These free worksheets are a great addition to your pirate weekly theme to make learning letters FUN! This is a fun pirate activity for kids from preschoolers to kindergarteners and grade 1 students.
Whether you are a teacher, parent, homeschooler, or student, this pirate activities is a great educational resource for you. Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or as a suplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum. It is great when we can make learning fun!
Learning Letter Sounds
In this pack of 10 pages, you will find all 26 letters of the alphabet, you then can choose to do some or all of the letters.
Letters and sounds games
After printing the intial sounds game on cardstock and/or laminating for durability, it is time to carefully cut out the treasure chests and gold coins. Store them in a file folder or ziplock bag until you are ready to use them.
Letter sound games
You can present just a few letters at a time or give your children all the letter chests at one time. The more coins and chests they have to sort at a time, the more difficult the phonics activity.
First, students will do a simple letter matching activity by matching the uppercase letter treasure chests with the gold coin with the corresponding lower case letter.
Next, students will say the name of the clipart on the gold coin to figure out the initial sound of the word. Once they’ve figured out letter sound they will complete the beginning sounds matching activity.
Beginning Sounds Activity
There are three coins to match to each chest. This is such a fun way for kids to practice learning letters and the sounds they make.
Looking for more pirate worksheets, pirate games, pirate coloring, pages, and more pirate activities? You will love these fun, FREE, and eductational pirate theme ideas for kids of all ages.
- Pirate Worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Fun Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets for Kids
- Pirate Place Value Game for making practicing place value fun
- Free Pirate Coloring Pages
- Pirate Letter Sounds Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarters
- Pirate Handwriting Printables for working on pre-writing skills
- Printable Pirate Treasure Hunt I Spy Games for Kids
- Pirate Number Flashcards
- Super cute and simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Pirate Count and Clip Cards
- Preschool Pirate Theme
- Pirate Printables Themed Shape Reader
- Free Pirate Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- SUPER CUTE ABC Pirate Worksheets
- or work on numbers with these Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this ABC coloring book free download foe some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Printables to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient printable crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute alphabet cards to trace with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Find the Letter worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these alphabet worksheets for kindergarten a to z
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this free traceable alphabet to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
Initial Sounds Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
> Parent Download <<
>> Teacher Download <<