Do you have young kids learning about colors? This super cute, free Colors Mini Book Printable is easy to put together and a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students to learn their colors, color names, practice reading with a color emergent reader, and more!
Colors Mini Book Printable
Learning about colors can be lots of fun! From reading books, making art projects, picking clothes, and looking at the world around them they will learn all the basic colors. We love playful ways to make learning fun. This colors mini book printable is a quick and easy way to teach colors to toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1students.
Colors Mini Book
Learning Colors Printables
Print the (free) printable pages and follow the assembling instructions. You will find the above pictured pages, and assembling it is easy. Simply glue or stapler the top parts together. No specific order is required after the “cover” is in place.
Provide coloring utensils- pencils, crayons or markers, and your child is ready to make his/her own mini book about colors!
Read the color name together as well as the sentence below the picture. Discuss the picture and the color to expand vocabulary. For example: “What is this picture?”. “What color should we color it?”. “What other colors can leaves be?”. “What other things can you see around you that are green?”.
You can also let your child “personalize” the book by adding his/her own pictures to the opposite, blank side of the page. Great for creative learning!
Colors for Kids
After your child completed the pictures, use the book as a reading book. Spell the color names and read the sentences. Your child will learn to “read” it by her/himself because it is repetitive and (mostly) easy-to-read words.
TIP: Use the pages for your scavenger hunt- flip open pages at random and go find objects in the house with those colors. Work through the whole book. Fun!
What a fun, hands-on way to learn all about colors with this printable mini book about colors! Grab yours today!
Color Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Kite Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Turkey Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words Puzzles
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Fruit Loop Color Activitity for Kindergarten
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
- Mouse Paint Color Worksheets
- Chameleon Color Worksheets for Kids
- Coloring Flowers Science Experiment
- Sandcastle Color Matching Activity
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
Download Color Emergent Reader
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!