Kids will have fun practicing kindergarten math and vocabulary with Easter themed Hank Finds an Egg book. This is a fun book activities for kindergarten. Simply download pdf file with kindergarten worksheets including a kindergarten numbers 1-10 and kindergarten word search to go along with this book.
Book activities for kindergarten
We love book activities for kindergarten! They allow us to enjoy a cute picture book together and then strengthen an early math or literacy skill. As we read Hank Finds an Egg as an Easter Activity for kids, children will have fun with the egg math worksheet and fun word find to work on a variety of skills while having fun!
Several years ago, I discovered Hank Finds An Egg at the bookstore. After quickly glancing through the book, I knew it would become a family favorite. My oldest loves to read it often. His interest led me to create learning activities that pair well with the picture book. Continue reading to see my ideas, and grab your own worksheets.
Hank finds an egg
Rebecca Dudley created Hank Finds An Egg. The sweet picture book is unique in a few ways. First, it is a wordless story. There is no text accompanying any of the images. ‘Reading the pictures’ is a critical skill for pre-readers to develop. My oldest often struggled with this task. I found that he was more successful at reading the pictures in textless books. It can be freeing for young readers to release the pressure of any text on the page. When able to focus solely on the images, students are better able to strengthen their ability to read the pictures.
The second thing that truly sets Hank Finds An Egg apart is the artwork. Rebecca Dudley has photographed scenes that look like a fairy tale come to life. The images are truly like magic. When reading the book, it feels like you have stepped into a magical world. Children will love ‘reading’ the photos of sweet, lovable Hank as he explores a green forest.
Kindergarten Math – Sequencing
Using a simple printable, it’s easy to work on number sequencing with kids. Children add numbers to the eggs as Hank ‘finds’ them, sequencing from 1-10 along his path. Older children can be given skip counting tasks instead, challenging them to count by twos, threes, etc, along Hank’s path. Using crayons or colored pencils, kids can add color to the eggs according to the directions listed. This task encourages attention to detail, and also throws some art & sight word practice into a math activity.
Kindergarten Worksheets – Language Practice
Inspired by Hank’s discovery of an egg, I created a word search to inspire children to do some ‘finding’ as well. I pulled the word list directly from the story depicted in Hank Finds An Egg. Even a wordless book can provide practice with reading and vocabulary! Encourage kids to sound out and identify the word they are reading before they hunt for it in the puzzle.
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Download Hank Finds an Egg Math Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!