Easter is such a fun holiday. It’s warm outside, the colors are so bright and pretty, and flowers are all around us. My daughter’s favorite part about Easter is searching for the easter basket & eggs. It may not be filled with anything spectacular, but it’s the hunt that she loves. Leading up to the day, we always have to do a ton of crafts that turn into decorations. This time, we’re making this Easter Toilet Paper roll crafts that is a fun Easter basket craft to store little treats in or give to friends.
Easter toilet paper roll crafts
It’s super simple to make but makes for a cute Easter decoration, anywhere in the house.This Easter toilet paper roll crafts is a fun project to make with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners to hold treats for Easter. This Easter basket craft holds jelly beans, stickers or other treats for friends.
Toilet paper roll crafts easter
For this Easter craft, you’ll need:
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Construction Paper: Pink & Yellow
- Glitter Glue
- Easter Basket Filler
- Jelly Beans (Optional)
- Peep Bunny (Optional)
Toilet paper roll easter crafts
Start by covering the toilet paper roll with construction paper. We used pink. Glue the paper onto the toilet paper roll.
Cut a strip of the pink construction paper to become the handle. We did it about ½ inch thick. Glue it to the inside of the top of the toilet paper roll. Now it looks more like a basket, doesn’t it?
easter basket crafts
Now we decorated it with yellow stripes, but you can do whatever you’d like. Polka dots would be really cute too.
Easy Easter Crafts
Once you have done that, we added the Easter basket filler. We used the paper kind, but the plastic will work too if that’s what you choose. Put some inside the top of the toilet paper roll so that it comes out over the top and onto the sides. This is just random, it doesn’t have to be perfect. We put a Peep Bunny coming out of it too, but you could add whatever you’d like. You could do a bunny cut out of cardstock, cut one out of foam or do something completely different.
Now it’s time to display it and admire it.
Easter basket craft for preschoolers
If you want this to be actually functional, the only thing that you need to do is put a piece of cardstock on the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can do this by taping it BEFORE you cover the outside of the TP roll.
If you make it the functional way, you can fill it with candy or small toys. This could be a great gift idea for a classroom, friends, neighbors or for kids to give to their grandparents.
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way