Summer is just the best time of year, don’t you think? The weather is warm and there is so much time to be creative with these fun July crafts! These July crafts for kids are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. We’ve got lots of fun ideas such as 4th of july crafts, mermaid crafts, camping crafts, insects, firefly crafts for preschoolers, and more – we’ve got lots of fun crafts for July.
July Crafts for Kids
These awesome July crafts for kids are so much fun! There are enough craft ideass on this list for you to try a new craft every day in July! Celebrate the America’s birthday with fourth of july crafts for kids, then add to your other summer themes with more summer crafts for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Check out the patriotic fourth of july crafts for kids, cute firefly crafts and some awesome camping crafts. There is also lots of other July crafts for the kids to make and enjoy including some mermaid and seashell crafts! These are such fun July crafts for preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd grade students.
4th of july crafts
Let’s start with the most popular holiday or theme in july – Independence Day! These fourth of july crafts for kids are a fun way to add some patriotic red, white, and blue fun to your day!
- Sparkler Firework Craft from Kids Craft Room. This is a fun and easy craft, and it’s perfect for little ones that may be scared of real sparklers.
- Pipe Cleaner Fireworks Painting from Where Imagination Grows. What a fun painting activity with such cool results!
- Firework Rockets from Creating Creatives. These little rockets really fly!
- Patriotic Necklace from Buggy and Buddy. This easy to make necklace would be perfect to wear to a Fourth of July parade or party!
- 4th of July Party Poppers from Simple Everyday Mom. Make your own patriotic party poppers! These ones don’t make a loud noise so they are great for little ones who might be frightened.
- USA Star Pencil Topper from Easy Peasy and Fun. These pencil toppers are such a cute way to celebrate the Fourth of July!
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft – simplest craft you can imagine with beautiful results
- American Flag Cootie Catcher from Red Ted Art How fun is this free printable USA themed cootie catcher!
- Patriotic Bubble Blowers from Pint-sized Treasures. These look easy to make and would be so much fun on a sunny fourth of July!
Nothings says summer like spending a night (or weekend) in a tent under the stars, roasting marshmallows around a campfire, hiking, and of course mosquitos! These camping crafts for kids are a fun addition to your July themes!
- Popsicle Stick Tent from Glued to My Crafts. These cute little tents are easy to make and would also be great to use in small world play.
- Glowing Campfire craft from Buggy and Buddy. This campfire craft really glows! So cool!
- Gone Camping craft from Simply Learning. I love this gorgeous camping craft, and it comes with free printables to cut and paste.
- DIY Mini Camping Set from Artsy Craftsy Mom. How cute are these mini tents, perfect for soft toys to camp in!
- Cupcake Liner Campfire Craft from I Heart Crafty Things. I love that this craft includes a marshmallow to roast over the campfire!
- Camping Story Stones from Playdough to Plato These story stones are great for story telling and imaginative play, and easy to take with you if you are travelling.
- Lego Camping Lantern from Lalymom. This lantern is made from Lego! How cool would it be to take on a camping trip!
Firefly crafts for preschoolers
My kids love catching lightning bugs at night. They are such a cool animal! These adorable firefly crafts for kids are sure to delight kids of all ages!
- Pop Bottle Firefly from One Little Project. This is a super fun craft to make using recycled pop bottles!
- Paper Towel Roll Firefly Craft from Buggy and Buddy! Read The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carl and then make this gorgeous craft to match.
- Glow in the Dark Firefly Jar from Come Together Kids. This is such a simple yet clever idea!
- Fingerprint Bug Jar Craft from Messy Little Monster. Fill your jar with fingerprint fireflies!
- Firefly Craft from Kids Activity Blog. I love the bubble wrap wings on these little fireflies!
- Paper Bag Lightening Bug from I Heart Crafty Things. This is such a cute craft. I can imagine a whole wall filled with these cute little bugs!
- Milk Carton Sailboat from Celebrating With the Bug. You could float these boats in your paddling pool, at the beach, or race them down the river!
- Painted Flower Craft for Kids
- Sponge Boats from The Craft Train. Here’s another easy to make boat to float!
- Nature Mermaids from Mother Natured. These mermaids made from leaves and flowers are gorgeous, and there is a free template to help get you started.
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft – this is such a cute way for kids to explore under the sea
- Origami Mermaid from Picky Stripey Socks. Who knew you could make an origami mermaid?! There is step by step instructions so everyone can have a go.
- Cardboard Tube Mermaids from The Craft Train. It’s amazing what you can make from a cardboard tube! These mermaids are adorable!
- Honeycomb Craft – this is a simple craft for kids to celebrate summer bees!
Even More July Crafts for Kids
- Squish Painted Sun Craft – this is a simple, easy-to-make cheerful craft kids will like
- Mermaid Shell Necklace DIY from Creating Creatives. Every mermaid needs a shell necklace! There is a video tutorial to go along with this fun craft too.
- Popsicle Stick Lemonade Stand from Glued to My Crafts. Make this cute lemonade stand craft, then have a go at making some real lemonade!
- Amazing Bubble Artwork for Kids – this craft is almost as much fun to make as it is beautiful!
- Shell Daisy Nature Craft from Rhythms of Play. If you are lucky enough to visit the beach, collect some shells to try this cute craft (or you can buy them from craft stores!)
- Paper Play Seashell Craft from Artsy Craftsy Mom. This gorgeous craft combines a few different art techniques to create gorgeous shells.
- Sea Shell Collage from Art Bar. This easy activity makes a gorgeous piece of art ot hang on your wall, or give as a gift.
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft – these butterflies are fun to make and look so pretty!
- Squirt Gun Painting – this activity is a blast to create!
You’ll be busy all month long making these 31 fun July crafts for kids!
Castle Activities for Kids
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Sandcastle Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Sandcastle Colour Matching Activities
- Sandcastle Letter tracing Activity
- Summer Sandcastle Count and Trace Numbers 1-10 Printable Activity
- Sandcastle Number Playdough Mats to count and trace
- Summer STEAM – Sandcastle engineering with tp rolls
- Ice Cream Sandcastle Summer Snack Idea
- Sand Bucket & Shovel Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Epic Sand Beach Slime Recipe
- Free Beach Worksheets for Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1
- HUGE pack of Castle Worksheets to practice a variety of skills with preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1
- Castles for Kids – Hands on history lesson
th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
4th of July Crafts
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- Fireworks 4th of July Crafts for kids with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO
- or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting