WOW your kids with red white and blue science experiments that allows kids to watch a bubbling, colorful chemical reaction with a fun and easy science experiment for preschoolers, kindergarteners, first graders, 2nd graders, 3rd graders, and fourth grade students. Use this patriotic themed summer science as a fourth of july activity, for Presidents Day or a study of America for kids.
4th of July Science Experiments
Whether you are looking for a fun summer experiment for kids to add to your Independence Day celebrationsas a 4th of July activity, Presidents Day theme, or just for everyday fun learning – you will love this easy science experiment! This 4th of July science experiments project allows preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to experience a chemical reaction without a super complicated procedure. This experiment is truly EASY!
Presidents Day Activity
The third Monday of every February is President’s Day. Originally, President’s Day was celebrated on February 22nd, which was George Washington’s birthday, but the holiday was moved to the third Monday of the month to make it easier to take the day off from work. In honor of George Washington and all the other presidents throughout history, we created this red white and blue chemical reactions science experiment to celebrate America, our presidents, and the special place they hold in our history.
Red White and Blue Science Experiments
Kids will love making this red white and blue science project that demonstrates a beautiful chemical reaction. This is the perfect science experiment for Presidents Day, 4th of July activities, or just for everyday science fun!
Here are the supplies you need to make this fourth of July activity
- Cardstock paper
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Red and blue food coloring
- Large jar
- Duct tape
- Large tray
Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
Cut a piece of card stock paper big enough to fit across the center of your jar, and as tall as the jar. Cut another piece of card stock paper the same height but only half as wide, so you can divide the jar into three sections. Tape the pieces together, and place the divider inside the jar. It doesn’t have to be precise to work. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to each section. Squirt some dish soap onto each section of baking soda. This will help the reaction last longer and become fizzier. Squeeze some red food coloring into one section and blue into another.
Red White and Blue Chemical Reaction
Place the jar onto a large tray. Pour a small amount of vinegar into each section. Watch as the red, white, and blue colors rise to the top and start to swirl together. Keep adding baking soda until the reactions stops.
How cool is that red white and blue science project?
th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
4th of July Crafts
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- Fireworks 4th of July Crafts for kids with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO
- or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids