Is it cold outside where you live? That’s the perfect weather to stay inside and make some of these wonderful January crafts for kids.
January Crafts for Kids
This list of January crafts for kids includes lots of snowy crafts, some cute penguin crafts, and some adorable snowman crafts.
There is enough craft ideas on this list for you to try a new craft every day in January and something for all ages to enjoy. These fun crafts will keep everyone busy while you are stuck inside trying to keep warm!
- Salt painted snowflakes from The Best Ideas for Kids. This easy salt painting technique makes beautiful sparkling snowflakes!
- Symmetrical snowflake craft from Buggy and Buddy. There are lots of math skills being learnt while making these gorgeous snowflakes.
- Decorate a snowflake from Fun Learning for Kids. Download the free printable to go with this fab collage activity.
- Sticky Yarn Snowflake Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. How pretty are these snowflakes.
- Spinart snowflakes from SchoolTime Snippets. These snowflakes look so cool!
- Painting on snow from Messy Little Monsters. Do you have snow where you live? If so you should really try this awesome activity!
- Snowflake watercolor art from Projects With Kids. This simple watercolor painting technique makes a really cool effect.
- Crystal snowflakes from Natural Beach Living. This is a super fun winter science activity and craft!
- Pom Pom Penguin craft from Red Ted Art. How adorable are these fluffy little penguins!
- Paper penguin craft from Easy Peasy and Fun. There is a step by step video to help you make these cute little penguins.
- Fun penguin popper craft from School Time Snippets. These penguins are fun to make and even more fun to play with!
- Waddling penguins from Buggy and Buddy. These little penguins really waddle! So fun!
- Paper penguin craft for kids from Non-Toy Gifts. There are easy to follow step by step instructions to make these little penguins.
- Plastic spoon penguin craft from I Heart Crafty Things. These fun little penguins would make great puppets!
- Paint splat penguins from Glued to My Crafts. Even little hands can make this easy and fun penguin craft!
- Snowman snowflakes from Pink Stripey Socks. There is an easier and a more challenging option for this cool craft.
- Snowman paper roll painting from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a simple yet fun painting activity everyone can have a go at.
- Melted snowman shape collage from Fun Learning For Kids. There is lots of shape learning included in this cute craft.
- Circle Sticker Snowman Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a clever idea!
- Open-ended Snowman Painting from Fun with Mama. There is a free printable to get you started but you can decorate these snowmen any way you like.
- Snowman thumbprint art from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a super fun hands on activity!
- Toilet roll snowman from Red Ted Art. How cute are these little snowmen?!?
- Glue Snowman Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will be amazed to make these window snowman clings with glue!
- Craft stick snowman from Easy Peasy and Fun. These fun snowmen could be used as puppets or bookmarks!
- Snowman art from Happy Hooligans. This is a lovely, open-ended craft activity for all ages.
More fun Winter Crafts For Kids
- Frozen suncatchers from Take Them Outside. Does it get cold enough where you live to make some of these amazing frozen suncatchers?
- Owl Paper Bag Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This winter themed craft is soooo cute!
- Folded paper icicle craft from Kids Craft Room. There is a printable and step by step instructions so these cool paper icicles are easy to make.
- Winter fairy peg dolls from Rhythms of Play. Do you know anyone who would like to make one of these awesome winter fairies??
- Cardinal handprint craft from Simple Everyday Mom. You could make a whole tree full of these cardinals!
- Snowy town watercolor painting from Adventure in a Box. This easy painting activity has beautiful results.
- Winter tree suncatcher from Buggy and Buddy. Fill your windows with this gorgeous wintery craft.
- Mitten winter craft from Teaching Two and Three Year Olds. The free printable that goes with this craft makes it easy enough for even the littlest children to try.
- Polar bear origami from Red Ted Art. This is an easy origami project, perfect for beginners.
- Snowy owl winter craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning. This is such a fun way to paint a cute snowy owl.
- Easy Icicle Craft from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This is so easy to make and looks so pretty!
Stay warm and cozy inside and make some of these wonderful wintry January crafts for kids!