Kids will have fun practicing identifying and sorting shapes while making these Groundhog Day Shape Activity.
FREE Groundhog Day Activities
- Simple Groundhog Day Alphabet Activity
- Printable Groundhog Day Count to 100
- Fun Groundhog Day Color by Sight Words
Groundhog Day Shape Activity
This activity is LOW PREP which makes it perfect for some quick shape practice in the classroom or at home as your kids celebrate Groundhog Day.
Print the two sided puzzles on cardstock for durability. Optional: You can laminate for durability and store in a ziplock bag for repeated use.
When students are ready to play they must first sort though all the pieces and sort them by shape. Their are six groundhog day themed pictures that help kids sort the following shapes: circle, triangle, diamond, square, heart, and star. Then they can make each puzzle using only the same shape pieces.
This is such a simple, fun Kindergarten math activity for Groundhog Day.
FUN Math Activities for Kids
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity
- Color the Shapes Reader
- Coin Sorting Mats
- Cookie Jar Story Time: Counting
- Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- 2D Shape Printable Pack
Groundhog Day Books for Kids
Download Groundhog Day Shape Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!