Kids will have fun practicing identifying and sorting shapes with this Groundhog day math. This groundhog day activity allows preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students to practice identifying shapes to make a cute groundhog day puzzle. As children work on shape recognition they will reveal a cute mystery picture. Simply download pdf file with groundhog day printables and you are ready to play and learn this February!
Groundhog Day Math
Sneak in some fun groundhog day math to make learning fun for preschoolers and kindergartners in February. FOr this fun math activity you will sort pieces of the puzzle by shapes including heart, star, circle, square, diamond, triangle, and more. Whent they are sorted, students will put the puzzled together to reveal some really cute ground hog day pictures out of the printable square puzzle pices. This groundhog day activity is perfect for groundhog day themes at home or in the classroom.
Groundhog day printables
Groundhog day activity
This activity is LOW PREP which makes it perfect for some quick shape practice in the classroom or at home as your kids celebrate Groundhog Day.
Print the two sided puzzles on cardstock for durability. Optional: You can laminate for durability and store in a ziplock bag for repeated use.
Groundhog day activities for kindergarten
When students are ready to play they must first sort though all the pieces and sort them by shape. Their are six groundhog day themed picture in this Groundhog day activities for preschoolers that help kids sort the following shapes: circle, triangle, dia mond, square, heart, and star. Then they can make each puzzle using only the same shape pieces.
This is such a simple, fun Kindergarten math activity for Groundhog Day.
Groundhog Day Activities
- Fun Groundhog Day Math Shape Activity
- Groundhog Day Worksheets – Count to 100 Puzzles
- Color by Sight Words Groundhog Day Worksheets
- Free Groundhog Day Printables – parts of the groundhog, weather predictions, and so much more! Pre-k, K, 1st graders
- Cute Groundhog Day Coloring Pages
- FREE Groundhog Day Worksheets – informational passage, questions, writing prompts, comparisson, and more 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade
Groundhog Day Books for Kids
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Download Groundhog Day Shape Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!