Kids learning their ABCs need to be able to see alphabet letters frequently so they can see how to properly form their upper and lowercase letters! Grab these super cute, free printable Alphabet Wall Cards to help preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students learn letters from A to Z.
Alphabet Wall Cards
Printable Alphabet Wall Cards
ABC Flash Cards
Each of the free alphabet printables for wall includes a picture that starts with the same beginning sound as the featured letter (this is great for learning the sounds letters make, aka beginning sounds, and as an introduction to phonics). The feature dpicture is also spelled out for kids to see the letters in words. TheABC Letters for Wall also prominently feature both the upper and lowercase letters as well as how to form the letters.
- A is for apple
- B is for box
- C is for cat
- D is for dog
- E is for egg
- F is for fox
- G is for gift
- H is for hat
- I is for igloo
- J is for jam
- K is for kite
- L is for leg
- M is for map
- N is for net
- O is for octopus
- P is for pig
- Q is for queen
- R is for rug
- S is for sun
- T is for tub
- U is for umbrella
- V is for vet
- W is for web
- X is for xray
- Y is for yo yo
- Z is for zipper
- Let students flip through them saying what sound each letter makes. For example the a on the letter a card is shown with an apple. The A says “a” as in apple.
- Give students magnetic letters (alphabet puzzle pieces, scrabble tiles, etc) to match with the correct alphabet card
- Take students on an alphabet hunt by giving them each one card and having them gather (or identifying) as many things that start with that same letter as they can find in your classroom, home, park, etc.
- Put the the alphabet cards on the floor and have students jump from one letter to the next depdning on the letter, sound, or object you say. So you could say jump on the letter p, what letter says p, or what letter does the word pig start with
- Put the cards in alphabetical order from A-Z
- Play a memory game by showing them the cards really quickly and then turning the cards over and have students let you know what letter cards are there.
- For groups of kindys you can have them pass the card around a circle and have them each say the the O say ooo as they pass the card
- Kids can say the alphabet sounds in silly voices
- Play musical chairs except when they all sit on the flashcards have them each tell the group what letter / letter sound they have on the chair they are sitting in
Looking for more fun, engaging, and free worksheets and games to make learning your letters fun? Don’t miss these resources!
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Fall Sticker Alphabet Worksheets
- Do a Dot Printable Letter Worksheets
- Pumpkin Find the Letter
- School Bus Letter Matching
- Alphabet Printable Mazes
- Tracing Letters with Alphabet Trace & Erase
- Cinderella Color by Letter
- Alphabet Sounds Apple Book
- Colorful Alphabet Games Puzzles
- A to Z Alphabet Worksheets
Plus, don’t miss our most popular alphabet printables including our: Alphabet Coloring Pages, Alphabet Worksheets, Alphabet Printable Hats, Alphabet Playdough Mats,vAlphabet Do a Dot Printables, Fruit Loop Alphabet Printable Snack Mats, and printable alphabet crafts.
Alphabet Cards for Wall
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!