Help kids listen for vowels in the middle of cvc words with these super cute, free printable vowel picture cards clip cards. Simply say the picture name out loud and use phonemic awareness to listen for the sound in middle of the simple words. This low prep activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students help improve phonics skills as children learn the sounds letters a, e, i, o, and u make.
Vowel Picture Cards
Vowel Sounds Activity
Simply print the FREE Vowel Clip Cards (below) in color or black and white. The blackline version helps save on printer ink costs. If you use the black & white version you can let students use crayons, markers, and colored pencils to decorate their cards.
Then use a laminator for durability and make sure you have mini clothespins on hand. Cut cards apart and you are all ready to learn.
Short Vowel Activity
Children will say the name of the picture, listening for the sounds the letters make. Help them figure out what sticky vowel is in the middle of each of these CVC Words.
HINT: I suggest putting circle stickers on the back to make these self-checking!
FREE CVC Words Printables
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short o Words cvc Cut and paste Printable
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Short a CVC Word Book
- CVC Words Activity with bricks
- 25 Fun CVC Activities
- CVC Middle Sounds Clip Cards
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Crack the Code CVC Words Printable
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
Download Vowel Clip Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!