Need a fun writing activity for Kindergarten? Our star wars writing prompts are out of this world. These FREE printable writing prompts for kindergarten are perfect for students just starting to write. These kindergarten writing prompts include not only creative writing prompts and story starters, but cute start wars clipart, ruled lines, and a place for children to draw a picture for their story too. Simply print pdf file with star wars printables and you are ready for a FUN star wars writing activities.
Star Wars Writing Prompts
Do you remember the first time you saw Star Wars? Most children love Star Wars and for good reason. The movies have all the elements of amazing story telling. There are dastardly villains, underdogs battling injustice, and glorious monsters of every shape and size. What kid hasn’t dreamed of being Luke and training as a Jedi? My boys would go on imaginary adventures with R2-D2 or pretend to be Ewoks. The Star Wars universe captures the imagination of all ages. And with the release of new annimated series like The Clone Wars, younger children can enjoy this galaxy far, far away as well. Why not take advantage of this and bring out some Star Wars learning activities? These star wars writing prompts help encourage kids to write using creative writing promps, star wars story starters, and cute clipart to engage kindergartners. So grab these star wars writing ideas and make writing fun for elementary age students!
Star Wars Printables
Writing prompts for kindergarten
These Star Wars Writing Prompts are perfect for kindergarten, or first grade! The story starters could also be used by older kids. There are worksheets for everyone from beginners to more experienced writers. Use them for quick writing practice, or pair them with some art activities for a longer project.
Kindergarten writing prompts
These kindergarten story starters will invite students to explore the wonders of the galaxy through writing. Some will prompt the kids to engage their imaginations and write a story. Others will provide the opportunity for them to create their own monster. The pages are designed for use with children at a variety of skill levels! Take a look inside the package.
- The first page is for use with children who are just beginning to write. The writing prompt encourages them to imagine the adventure they would have if R2-D2 followed them home from school. There is a space for a picture and a few lines after the picture for the children to write their stories.
- The second page invites students to create their own monster. They name the monster and decide what it eats! There is room for a picture and a description. You might want to brainstorm some adjectives with your students. to use in the descriptions. Here’s a great list to get you started.
- The third page invites students to draw their own picture and then write a short story about spending a day with Chewbacca. This open-ended activity allows students to take the story in any direction they wish. This is another page that would work well for children still developing their writing skills.
- The fourth page is another fun writing prompt engages the children’s imagination and invites them to write a story about flying a tie fighter. This one has more lines for kids that want to write a longer story. What fun!
Star wars writing activities
- We’ve included a blank page, so that students can write a Star Wars story of their choosing.
- You’ll also find a page of star wars story starters.
Star wars prompts
- These Star Wars story prompts are great for students at various levels. Older students can choose a story prompt and work with it. They can draw an illustration as well.
- You can also use them for group work if you prefer. Give small groups of students a story prompt with to work with. Invite them to write and illustrate the story.
- Story prompts can also be used for writing journals, centers, or sent home as a homework assignment. They can also be used in tandem with an art project.
- Another fun project is to create comic strips. Kids love doing this and it promotes storytelling. You can find step by step instructions and comic book templates here.
WANT SOME MORE WRITING ACTIVITIES?
- Writing About Pets (free printable)
- On The Farm Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Picture Writing Prompts
Free Star Wars Printables
Looking for more free star wars printables for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and elementary age kids? Take a peak at these resources:
- Free Star Wars Worksheets to practice math and literacy skills with young learners
- Super cute Star Wars Bookmarks – over 12 templates to choose from!
- Star Wars Letters Printable Pennants
- FUN Star Wars Math – addition and subtraction activity with free printable
- Star Wars Printable Letter Find Worksheet
- BBG Alphabet Tracing is fun star wars printable activities
- Star Wars Multiple Worksheets
- Simple Star Wars Coloring Pages
- Practice sight words with this engaging Star Wars Printable Activity
- R2D2 Star Wars Printable Number Tracing 1-20
- Star Wars Free Printable Calendar
- Cute Star Wars Birthday Party filled with tons of fun star wars activities!
- Free Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Plus don’t miss 101 Star Wars Crafts and Activities for Kids
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing prompt for kindergarten? Try these free printable writing worksheets:
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- Fun Writing Prompts Printables
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Star Wars Writing
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Star Wars Writing Prompts <<