Make practicing adding FUN with this St. Patrick’s Day Math for March. Use this st patrick’s day math activity with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age chidren. This is such a versatile way to practice math and have fun in the process. Simply download pdf file with free st patrick’s day printables and you are ready to play and learn!
St. Patrick’s Day Math
Addition is a critical step in a child’s math skills. Learning addition will help with not only every day tasks for the rest of their life, but future math skills as well. For this reason I try to make it as fun as possible for my kids. It’s important to me that they learn as much as they can and making activities fun and engaging has been an effective way to ensure this is happening. So when St. Patrick’s Day comes, we’ll be using these St. Patrick’s Day Simple Addition Strips. Use this St patricks day math with preschoolers and kindergartners for your St Patricks Day Theme!
We made these addition strips with a fun St. Patrick’s Day theme. Kids will use the objects to help solve the math problem, instead of strictly numbers. We used gold coins, leprechauns and green clovers. We used a variety of numbers between 1 and 10 to keep these problems simple for preschoolers, kindergarteners and 1st graders.
Free st patrick’s day printables
St patrick’s day math worksheets
Prepping these strips is super easy. First, print the pack out.
Once you have printed the pages, cut the strips apart. There is a thin, light gray line in between each math problem so you know where to cut.
If you would like to use these strips over and over you can laminate and kids can write the answers with dry erase markers or crayons. Alternatively, we use dry erase pockets or sheet protectors and they also work with dry erase products.
If you prefer not to laminate, you could just give the strips directly to kids with a crayon or pencil. Once you have them prepped, they are ready to be used.
St patrick’s day math activities
Kids will start by counting the objects on each side of the + sign. If it would help, you can have them write the numbers after they count them. Once they are counted, have them add the numbers together. If they are new to addition, you can ask them to just count the objects in the whole strip, but I would suggest showing them how it is broken down into an addition problem as well.
Once they solve the problem, they can write the answer in the answer space, to the right of the = sign. They can write it as a number, dots, tally marks or whichever they need the most practice with.
Children will be practicing their simple addition skills, while also loving it because there is so much variety and a fun St. Patrick’s Day theme!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Printable Scavenger Hunts, St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets, and St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
St patrick’s day Worksheets
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
- Free Printable March Writing Prompts or these calendar march writing prompts
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Numbers Printable Hat
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- Over the Rainbow St Patricks Day Handprint Craft
- St Patricks Day Science – Skittle Science Activity
- Leprechaun SLIME – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Grow a Shamrock Activity – St Patricks Day Science for Kids
- Color Mixing Science – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
St. patrick’s day kindergarten
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!