Emotions can be powerful things, especially with young children. Teaching them how to identify what they are feeling is important for understanding how to cope and manage those feelings. These free printable feelings worksheets are a handy tool. Children can color the picture of a child expressing the featured emotion and trace the words in this identifying emotions worksheet. This emotions worksheet set is handy for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply print feelings and emotions worksheets and you are ready to play and learn as you colour these coloring pages for kids.
Small kids are capable of big feelings. However, some kids have a hard time defining and communicating their emotions in a productive way. Providing help in this area can benefit your child’s emotional health. Not to mention, it can encourage a calmer home as your child will become more confident expressing emotions in a positive way. Much like the pain indicator at the doctor’s office, emotion cards and worksheets can help a child express his feelings without frustration.
Feelings Worksheets pdf
Identifying Emotions Worksheet
Print the two emotion card sheets and the twelve emotion worksheets. Cut the cards or strips out, laminate, and punch a hole in each one so you can easily apply a book ring to keep them altogether. You can keep the cards for anytime your child needs help expressing his emotions. First, go through the emotion cards and discuss how your child interprets each. Then discuss how to express each emotion in a positive and helpful way. Print out the rest of the worksheets to use as needed. Study one emotion a week or use as your child feels the emotion. Your child can color the image and practice writing the sentence on each page. Keep some worksheets handy for your child to use to work through any difficult emotions.
The emotions included in these printables include: angry, bored, confused, excited, happy, proud, sad, afraid, shy, silly, surprised, and worried.
- Print out more strips/cards and play charades with them.
- Print out more strips/cards and play pictionary with them.
- Cut the picture off of each strip and play a matching game with the pictures and the text.
- Pick a card and role play the emotion to demonstrate how to express it in a productive way.
- If your child is older but still having difficulty with expressing emotions, allow him to keep the strips handy to use as needed.
Looking for our most popular content? Here it is!
- Grab this alphabet coloring pages for some fun learning with prek/K
- Bingo Dauber Worksheets to practice making upper and lowercase letters
- Just print and practice with these free printable alphabet worksheets
- Looking for convenient FREE printable alphabet crafts? You will love these letter crafts!
- Super cute lower case letter tracing cards to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough
- TONS of free printable sight word books pdf
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable
- Free Printable Days of the Week Worksheets are super handy for teaching the days of the week
- Letter Find Snow Worksheets where children dab the letter to make snow in the snow globe
- Learn kindergarten colors with these free printable sorting mats!
- Fun I Spy Farm Animals Worksheet Pack
- Alphabet Playdough Mats are a great, hands on alphabet activity
- Free Color Soring Printable Mats
- Kids will love uncovering the zoo animals in these color by number worksheets
- Practice tracing letters with these a to z worksheet for nursery
- Sneak in some summer learning with these summer kindergarten worksheets
- Print this traceable letters to help young learners work on fine motor skills
- Make learning your ABCs fun with these handprint alphabet ideas
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Feelings and Emotions Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you very much for the printable!
Thanks a lot.