Make practicing addition FUN with this hands-on Star Wars Addition Activity for kindergarten and grade 1 students.
Kids need regular, consistent practice to master addition within 10 and then addition within 20. Children will add these numbers with great frequency their entire life as they add up numbers from their checkbook, tally items at the grocery store, dish out allowance, create budgets, and so many more common household tasks.
Help students have fun while practicing with this fun Star Wars themed addition activity perfect for May the 4th for Star Wars Day, summer learning, extra practice, and more for Kindergartners and first grade students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this low prep math activity is sure to make practicing addition fun and help kids achieve the fluency they need to master to move on to more advanced math.
Addition Within 20
Star Wars Math
This super cute math game for kindergartners and 1st graders requires very little prep. Simply use scissors to cut the death stars out and cut the x wing fighter plane addition equations apart. It’s that simple!
Students will solve the equations and place them around the death star with the correct sum. Above 2+2 equals 4 so the xwing goes by the #4 death star.
There are so many variations of this fun, educational activity depending on your students abilities:
- You can start by only giving them 2-3 death stars and all the rebel fighter jets whose addition equations equal the sum on the death star. This limits the number of cards they need to sort through (HINT: if you laminate the printable pages students can solve the equations and write that number with a dry erase marker on the addition cards.)
- The next step would be to place all the death stars numbers 1-10 so your student can work on addition within 10
- Next, you can work on addition to 20 with all 20 death stars to sort through
- Finally, there are some subtraction resistance fighters in the mix you can add in for students to sneak in some subtraction practice as well.
Star Wars Printables
Looking for even more Star Wars Activities to make learning fun? You will love these clever ideas and free resources:
- Star Wars Printable Bookmarks
- Alphabet Wallcards Pennants from a galaxy far far away
- Printable Star Wars Worksheets
- Star Wars Activities for Kids
- Star Wars Find the Letter
- Simple Star Wars Coloring Pages
- Star Wars Multiples Worksheets
- Super Cute, Star Wars Printable Calendar
- Star Wars Writing Prompts for Kindergarten
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- See all our star wars for kids ideas!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Pigs in the Mud Addition Facts to 10
- Butterfly Mats Addition Activity
- See all of our many FREE addition games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Star Wars Addition Activity
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.