The moon is fascinating to watch and learn about. With this handy, huge pack of pages – you will want to grab this free printable moon worksheets for kindergarten, preschool, pre k, and first grade students to teach your child all about the moon! These free kindergarten worksheets teach kids about Moon Phases in variety of fun activities for learning about Mr. Moon.
Moon worksheets for kindergarten
There are over 45 pages in this large pack of moon phase worksheets for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. This free pack of moon worksheets for kindergarten includes the 9 phases of the moon in a handy chart, , moon phases mini book, color the Moon observation journal for a whole month, cut and paste moon phases, label the moon phases, learn moon vocabulary, i spy the moon, moon tracing pages, counting, and so much more!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy, no prep free kindergarten worksheets for learning about our solar system for kids. Simply print and learn!
Phases of the Moon Worksheets
Moon worksheets for kids
This 45-page Moon Phases Worksheets pack contains a variety of activities. After taking a stroll to look at the moon, or just sitting around a campfire, watching the moon, this printable pack will be able to help your children learn the eight different phases that our moon goes through, included is a Moon Observation Journal. This page allows kids to observe the moon every night for a month and draw what they seen.
moon phases worksheet 1st grade
Print multiple copies to continue studying the moon more than one month. There is also a phases of the moon poster and vocabulary cards. Once children have traced the words on the phases of the moon strips, laminate them and punch a hole in the top left hand corner and keep them together with a binder ring. Kids can refer to this while observing the moon to help them find which phase the moon is in. In this pack, there are also a variety of cut and paste / write phases of the moon one-page activities. These will help children remember the order of the phases that the moon takes. The Phases of the Moon book is great for helping children understand the phases while increasing their vocabulary and working on their pronunciation of words they may not have used before.
Phases of the moon worksheet free
Also included are some fun worksheets such as:
- Handwriting practice
- Creative writing pages
- I spy
- Number puzzles
- Count and Clip Cards
- Size Sequencing Cards
- Matching Activity
- Cutting Practice
- Color-in Activity
- Dot the Letters Activity
- phases of the moon worksheet cut and paste free
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use. You may also like:
Solar System Activities
Looking for more fun, hands on science activities to teach kids about astronomy or to round out your solar system for kids unit. You will love these hands on solar system activities and lessons:
- The Sun for Kids
- Moon for Kids & Astronauts Too
- Inner Planets for Kids (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
- Outer Planets for Kids (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Pluto, Asteroid Belt, Comets, and Stars
- Yarn Solar System
- Paint Stick Solar System Project
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations – fun hands on constellation activity for kids
- Simple Galaxy Science Project
- Looking for more fun, engaging, creative, and memorable moon projects for kids? You will love this 50 Moon Crafts & Activities for Kids collection with the best ideas from the whole internet!
- TONS of really cool Solar System Project Ideas for kids of all ages
Free Solar System Printables
Plus, don’t forget to add these free solar system worksheets and printables to your lesson plan:
- HUGE pack of Free Solar System Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Solar system worksheets for kindergarten with solar system themed math and literacy activities for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students
- Simple Astronaut Coloring Pages
- Solar System Colouring Pages to read, learn, and color the solar system
- Printable Constellations Book for children to learn about stars and the patterns they make in the night sky
- Cootie Catcher Constellation Printable
- Free Constellation Flashcards
- Moon Phases Worksheets
- Planets Printable Book for students to learn about all the planets in our solar system
- Moon Phases Printable Mini Book for kids to learn about the phases of the moon
Find another theme that interests your student to make learning fun! These free printable packs are all FREE!
- Garden Worksheets for Kids
- Viking Worksheets Printable Pack
- Shark Worksheets
- Pets Printable Pack
- Rainbow Worksheets
- Frog Life Cycle Cards
- Butterfly Identification Pack
- Ancient Egypt Themed Worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Monsters Inc Pre k Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets
- Minion Preschool Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables
Looking for more fun and free pre k worksheets to make learning fun for early learners? Check out these resources:
Download Moon Phases Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!