Are you looking for ways to teach letter identification to your Pre-K, Preschool and Kindergarten children? These Letter Recognition Cards are a fun, hands-on alphabet letter identification activity that really helps children in retaining their alphabet letters.
Letter Recognition Cards
This FREE Letter Recognition Cards are a fun, reusable alphabet activity that helps kids practice recognizing letters.
There are two cards for each letter of the alphabet. One for the uppercase letter and one for the lowercase letter. There are a few ways that we have used these Alphabet Identification Cards.
Laminate and Dry-Erase Marker
After printing out the cards on white paper, I cut each one out and laminated them. I punched a hole in the top left hand corner of each card and use a ring binder to keep them together. I attached the uppercase letters first in alphabetical order and then the lowercase letters in alphabetical order. My son went through the cards while they were still attached by the ring binder and used a dry-erase marker to circle the answers. Once he was finished, I was able to erase the circles and the cards are ready to be used again.
These cards can also be used with younger children who prefer to use dot markers. Print out all the pages, cut out all of the cards and have your child use a dot marker to dot all the answers. You can print out multiple copies of this printable pack to allow your child to practice recognizing each letter. I have created this pack in just black and white which will save on ink when printing.
Circle / Dot and Say
Once your child is able to easily recognize the letters of the alphabet, these cards can then be used to help with their phonics. Once they have their card, have them say the sound of the letter at the top/ Then have them say each of the letters in the box as they search for the letters they need to circle or dot.
We chose to work on the uppercase letters first as they are more distinguishable from each other. Once these letters were easily recognized, we moved onto the lowercase letters. Whether it is for introducing the letters of the alphabet or mastering letter recognition, I hope you enjoy using these Alphabet Identification Cards with your child.
- Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Fun Alphabet Mazes
- Colorful Alphabet Puzzles
- Alphabet Wallcards
- Letter Recognition Punch Cards
- Don’t miss all our FREE Alphabet Worksheets
Download Letter Recognition Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!