Kindergartners use nursery rhymes to help them work on early literacy skills and reading readiness. Since these rhymes are so familiar to preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students – this super cute name recognition activity is the perfect theme for this twinkle twinkle little star activities.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Activities
Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers are familiar with nursery rhymes. We use these predictable rhyming words and songs to help kids learn to anticipate what comes next and help kids get ready for reading. These fun Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Activities are a great way to make a day or theme out of the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star rhyme for kids! Use it to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners practice name recognition.
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Activity
Twinkle twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are . . . Use this activity to develop name recognition and fine motor skills, but also, use this opportunity to show your child how unique and loved he/she is! Setting up this activity is easy. All you need is:
- star shapes(you can use readymade ones or cut it from cardboard or craft foam)
- hole puncher
Name Recognition Activities
Write the letters of the name on the stars and punch holes at the top of the stars.
Place the stars (in the wrong order) together with the pipecleaner on a tray. Let your child lace the pipecleaner through the letters in the correct order. This works on letter recognition, ordering and fine motor skills.
You can use the end product as a name board on your child door or even as an ornament on the Christmas tree! A fun name recognition activity perfect for your preschooler or kindergartener and perfect to go with the rhyme Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!
Nursery Rhyme Activities
Looking for some fun rhyming activiies featuring classic nursery rhymes? You will love these clever activities, nursery rhyme games, and nursery rhyme printables:
- 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie craft and activity for kids
- Free Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Printable little bo peep activities for preschool
- 20 counting nursery rhymes activities
- Roses are red poems for kids rhyming activity
- 5 Little Snowman Rhyming Activity
- Name recognition twinkle twinkle little star activities
- Farmer and the Delly Rhyming Activity
- Hickory dickory dock game
- Five little monkeys printables coutning book
- Hey Diddle Diddle Activities with free printable game