Kindergartners are excited about learning, which is good because they have a lot of things to learn that will set the foundation for all future learning! However, these young learners don’t have a long attention span, which means this is the perfect age for hands-on learning games. These Kindergarten Learning Games are perfect to help kids have fun and learn a variety of material, while instilling a love of learning!
Kindergarten Learning Games
As kinders head to school in the fall they have a lot to learn – from their ABCs to alphabet matching, reading sight words to sounding out words using phonics, improving visual discrimination, counting and adding numbers, learning number words, and so much more. The sheer size of what they need to master can seem daunting. But kids are usually excited to go to school and eager to learn. It is our job as parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to keep that excitement to learn and love of learning alive! Using a variety of fun, hands on Kindergarten Learning Games is a great way to start!
These fun learning games are perfect for kindergarten kids. Students can use them as hands-on learning activities, as a boost to prevent summer slide, as file folder games, or just for fun when you want to play a game and learn at the same time!
Alphabet Games for Kindergartners
These alphabet learning games are a great way to get kids excited to learn their letters from a to z, practice letter recognition as they match upper and lowercase letters, work on visual discrimination and even start to read kindergarten sight words.
- Letter Tic Tac Toe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Sight Word Candy Land from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Feed the Dog Sight Word Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Math Grid Games from The Measured Mom
- Cup Letter Game from The Kindergarten Connection
- Digraphs Board Game from The Kindergarten Connection
- Back to School Alphabet Game from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- Alphabet Ping Pong from The Imagination Tree
- Pig Alphabet Match from The Kindergarten Connection
- Alphabet Basketball from Activity Mom
- ABC Puzzles from The Letters of Literacy
- ABC Letter Mazes from Homeschool Creations
- Alphabet I Spy from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Alphabet Go Fish from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Rocket Sight Word Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Kindergarten Math Games
From counting, addition, measurement, subtraction, and comparing numbers – kindergarten math is a whole new world for young learners. These fun math games for kindergartners are a great way to learn new concepts while making it fun.
- Hungry Caterpillar Money Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Apple Roll and Cover Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Seed Spitting Measurement Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Kindergarten Card Games from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Number Sentence Math Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Pumpkin Face Matching Game from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- Numberline Run from Coffee Cps and Crayons
- Uno Addition and Subtraction Game from Schooling a Monkey
- Backyard Life Size Board Game from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Acorn Counting Game from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- Counting Maze from Hands On As We Grow
- Shapes Board Game from The Measured Mom
- Make 10 Firefly Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Doggy Addition File Folder Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Ladybug Addition Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- LEGO Tower Subtraction from The Kindergarten Connection
Kindergarten Board Games
Looking to incorporate games but don’t want to make or print one? Try these classic board games that educational for young kids!