Kids will have fun working on shape recognition with this super cute, penguin themed shape matching game! For this penguin shape math activity toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will match all the triangle shape penguins with the igloo with the word “triangle”. This winter math makes learning shapes and shape names FUN!
This fun winter math activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartens, and grade 1 students is a fun shape game. Children will learn shape names in this penguin shape activity for December, January, and February. The adorable, happy penguins will keep students engaged and having fun with a winter learning activity. Kids will work on the following kindergarten shapes: square, circle, rectangle, rhombus, triangle, oval, octagon, hexagon, pentagon, and trapezoid.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this math activity kids will WANT to play! Use this as extra practice, winter math center, penguin theme, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Print the igloos and penguin pages. Then laminate and cut apart the squares. Because this is a hands-on and reusable math activity, it is even better than a boring sorting shapes worksheet.
Shape sorting game
This kindergarten math activity is such a fun way for kids to practice a math skill with a fun winter themed educational activity. Use all the shapes at the same time for a more challenging shape sorting game, or use just a few shapes at a time – you can tailor this winter math to your students abilities.
Children will practice matching the igloos with the correct shaped penguin. In this activity children will practice identifying the following shapes: square, circle, rectangle, rhombus, triangle, oval, octagon, hexagon, pentagon, and trapezoid.
If you like, print multiple pages of the shaped penguins to have multiple penguins per igloo. This is such a fun way for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade kids to practice shapes.
- Colors Penguin Matching Game
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Printable Penguins Counting clip cards activity
- Penguin Life Cycle Worksheets and themed learning activities
- Cute penguin crafts for penguin awareness day
- Fun, Penguin themed beginning sounds picture cards
- Penguin handprint craft for kids
- Shape penguins sorting activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Games
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!