Make practicing adding numbers to 10 FUN with this free printable, addition activity for kindergarten! Children will work on addition facts to 10 while helping the doggy get the correct bones. This addition to 10 printable math game is a great way to reinforce addition 1 to 10 while having fun! Simply print the adding up to 10 and you are ready to play this LOW PREP math activity for kindergartners!
Addition to 10
This super cute dog and bone themed addition activities for kindergarten uses math mats to reinforce making ten and counting skills. These addition puzzle cards will have kids identifying the number and counting on to make ten. The addition to 10 activity has options to fill in the empty ten frame cards with mini erasers or dot markers to complete the addition printable, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs. This addition facts to 10 is so much fun, kids will forget they are learning math! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, this addition to 10 is perfect for extra practice, math centers, summer learning, and more!
Addition Facts to 10
Addition Activity for Kindergarten
To prepare this addition facts 1 to 10 match activity all you need are:
- Printable activity cards below
- Print in COLOR or BLACK & WHITE (use card stock or laminate the pages)
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare some pegs for clipping and dough for their emoji boxes.
Addition 1 to 10
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and count the emojis on that card.
- They then count on to figure out how many more scoops they need to make a total of ten emojis.
- Once they figure out that number, they clip the correct number.
- Then then add emoji erasers on the cards to show how many more empjis they need.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice! I hope you kids benefit from and enjoy using this activity!
Adding up to 10
Print two sets of these cards and laminate them for durability. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Have them ready with some mini erasers or dot stickers / markers.
Math Activity for Kindergarten
Use these cards to help kids develop counting on and mathematic skills and strengthen their number knowledge. Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids that these cards are to be used with mini erasers or dot stickers. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on easier numbers and the kindergarteners to work on all the other cards. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste
Addition Activities for Kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!