Looking for a fun, simple easter egg craft to try this April? Kids will love making these easter egg suncatchers to brighten their windows and make their room extra cheery. You will love that this easter craft for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, toddler, and first garders is super easy and has such a fun technique with a really cool effect.
Easter Egg Crafts
Grab some markers, coffee filters, and spray bottles to try this unique easter egg craft. Make lots of pretty easter egg crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to fill your room with colorful easter eggs. This is such a fun idea for at home, in the classroom, daycare, and more!
Easter egg suncatchers
All you need to try this super easy easter craft idea are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- washable markers
- coffee filters
- spray bottle with water
- tray or surface that can get wet
- tape to hand the Easter eggs up
- window paint (optional)
Easter egg craft ideas
Have kids add colors, shapes, patterns, etc to a coffee filter with washable markers. THe more color they add – the better. This will not be the pattern on the egg, rather the colors will all blend to make a really cool effect that will be the base of their Easter Eggs. So use complimentary colors, or rainow patterns, and fill in all the space you’d like!
Easter egg crafts
Continue decorating coffee filters – each circle will become a seperate, unique easter egg decoration. So go nuts! It is fun to see how the different color combinations and patterns will change as we diffuse the water color markers!
Window craft ideas
Now put your artwork a few at a time on an art try or outside on the driveway and pray it with water. You can use as much or as little water as you like. But you want to get the colors all wet so they start to spread and diffuse.
Simple easter crafts
As you continue spraying the colors will blead together and mix to make new colors and interesting patterns / textures.
Easter craft for preschoolers
Allow your paper to dry completely. See all the unique colors and patterns you created. Like I said – you can’t emphasize enough to add LOTS of COLOR!!
When the project is dry, cut the circle into an oval egg shape.
Use tape to hang the Easter Egg craft on yoru window or patio door. Feel free to add some grasss, decorations, or happy Easter wording to your space with window chalk markers like we did. Kids can also add more color or decorations like adding zig-zag pattners, etc to the completed eggs to add patterns to the really cool base. My kids were ready to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day so we’ll have to save that for another day!
Easter Arts and Crafts
Looking for some cute and clever easter crafts? You will love these fun ideas! Plus don’t miss Over 50 Creative Ideas To Fill Easter Eggs , our cute bunny pancakes, or our traditional bunny cake.
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for free Easter worksheets or educational easter activities? Check out these resources and don’t miss our Easter Lesson Plan for Preschool or our Easter Books for PReschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way