Helping kindergartners learn to tell time can be tricky! One of the hardest part about learning to tell time on a clock is when the hand is between numbers. Kids have a hard time telling if that means it is 2 or 3. These handy telling time worksheets are a fun telling time kindegarten activity! These free printable clock worksheets for kindergarten are print and go. Students will color the space that belongs to the numbers so kids are ready to tell time!
Telling Time Worksheets
Learning to tell time is super important. Unfortunately, with the amount of technology we have in the world today, having actual clocks with ticking hands is showing up less and less. That doesn’t mean, however, that children should not learn how to read a clock. You never know when you’ll need to use one, so it is important to learn. This printable Fill In The Clock activity is great for Kindergarten or First Graders. It is a simple way to help them understand what each number and hand mean and how they work together.
Telling Time Worksheets Kindergarten
Telling Time Kindergarten
After you print the activities, you will see that each page holds four clocks. They all look the same, with each time slot marked out by a blue line. Underneath the clock, is the time that children should focus on for that particular clock.
Children will read what time it says, they are all on the hour times (3:00, 4:00, 5:00, etc). Then they will color in from the 12 line to the time that is being focused on. So if it is 3:00, children will color in between the 12 and the 3. For the 4, children will color in between the 12 and the 4.
Clock Worksheets for Kindergarten
This isn’t necessarily helpful for all times within the 24 hour day, but it is helpful to teach them the basics so that they can in turn learn more from there.
This is also helpful for children who are more visual learners. They are able to grasp the concept easier because they can see the time that has elapsed.
Clock Activity for Kindergartners
All together there are 14 clocks for children to work with.
This is a great activity at home or in the classroom. If the pages are laminated after they are printed, they can be used over and over again which could be very helpful.
Telling Time Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Clock Maze Challenge Telling Time Games Printable
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Time Worksheets Kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!