Help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students get excited about writing these these fun writing prompts. We’ve included 7 pages of creative, free writing prompts to get kids excited about writing because practice makes perfect! You will love the print and go format of these creative writing prompts for kids. Simply download pdf file with fun writing prompts for kids and you are ready to play and learn.
Fun Writing Prompts
Are you looking for new and creative ways to encourage your child to write? Kids love to communicate but writing can often feel intimidating. Using fun and low pressure writing prompts can help your child enjoy writing. Use these fun writing prompts with kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to make writing fun for kids!
Free Writing Prompts
Fun writing prompts for kids
Print out your free copy of the writing prompts. You can have your child use the lines provided or use his own paper. Provide one writing prompt a day or a week or however it will fit best into your schedule. You can use one prompt have your child write a sentence a day if he is just beginning. There is a prompt included which asks for steps to making a peanut butter sandwich. Once written have your child follow the instructions to test his writing. Make it as fun and low pressure as possible to encourage your child to have fun while learning.
There are several options in this writing prompts pack with both a writing prompt, cute clipart image, and lines for children to write on. The fun writing prompts include:
- If I were a Panda how would I spend my day?
- If I opened an Ice cream shop, what flavor (s) would I sell?
- An Alien lands on Earth, what do you tell it about our planet?
- Step-by-Step tutorial or instructions on making a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich
- What 4 words come to mind when you think of soccer? Now write a paragraph with those 4 words
- Think of 2 nouns and 2 adjectives having to to with tv; write a paragraph about television using those four words
- Write 2 verbs and 2 nouns about cards. Write a paragraph about vehcicles using those words you came up with.
Creative writing prompts for kids
- Once your child has his work written to his satisfaction you can post the sheet on your fridge!
- If your child is stuck coming up with a story or a word, try having your child just write words on topic and then create sentences from his list.
- Turn this into speech practice by having your child present his writing in front of the fa.
- Try writing some of the challenges as a team!
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Free printable writing prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!