Looking for a fun challenge to add to your month of June? Kids of all ages will love this free printable Summer Lego Challenge!
Download your copy of the June, July or August Lego Challenge and unleash summer fun! As much as we would all like to spend every waking summer hour in the sun, that just isn’t possible. So for those times when you must be inside here is a way to keep the kids happily busy. Children will be encouraged to express their creativity using Lego bricks with these free printable, summer themed challenge. These are a great STEM activity for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
The great thing about this fun, hands-on, and educational STEM activity is that you don’t need to buy anything fancy or print a stack of worksheets. All you need is the one page printable and whatever lego bricks or duplo you have on hand! Get ready for fun creating and problem solving!
Building Challenge Ideas
Here are some tips for engaging your children with these challenges:
- You can easily turn these building challenges into drawing challenges.
- Make this a family activity and build together.
- You can also use these challenges for Minecraft.
- Create scenes from the building challenges and have your kids tell a story.
- Have one person secretly pick from the options and let someone else guess what is being built.
- Set a time limit or brick limit on each challenge.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of your child’s creations!
- Post the challenges on the fridge and keep your early riser busy in the morning.
Building challenges are a great way to keep your child thinking critically and having fun at the same time. Since it’s summer you can take the challenges outside or poolside. Just have fun and the learning will happen naturally.
Looking for more Lego activities? try these resources:
- Lego Activities for kids poster
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge Cards
- Community Heroes Lego Challenge
- Lego Number Mats
- Easy Lego Zipline
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego
Summer Activities for Kindergartners
- Trace your letters from A to Z with these Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Sneak in some educational fun with these Summer Maze Sight Word Worksheets
- Practice Tracing Letters with these Summer Sun Traceable Letters
- Build your own sandcastle with this subtraction math craft
- Work on letter recognition as you color by code with these Summer Color by Number
- Sweeten your day up with this Sundae Skip Counting Activity
- Add some science as you experiment with coloring flowers
- Try this homemade bubble solution for GIANT bubbles!
Lego Challenge Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!