Make learning about parts of a plant for kids fun with this hands-on plant activity and parts of a plant worksheet. This germinating beans science activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students who will be amazed at the rapid transformation that takes place as the seeds sprout and grow! Simply download pdf file with plants worksheets for kindergarten and you are ready for a fun planting activities for preschoolers!
Parts of a plant for Kids
Kindergarten science is all about exploring the world around them and instilling a natural curiousity for how things work. Help kids explore the amazing process of how plants grow from a tiny seed with this fun plant activity. We’ve included a parts of a plant worksheet to help kids learn the terminology for the various parts of a plant and more! These plant activities for kindergarten are fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students as they explore how plants grow!
Parts of a plant worksheet
Plants worksheets for kindergarten
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare, or schooling at home – you will love this handy parts of a plant worksheet for kids of all ages. Help kids learn about the Parts of a Plant for Kids up close and personal with this easy science experiment. Children will be able to watch as a seed swells, sends down roots, and a stem and eventually leaves shoot up towards the light. This is a great way for kids to learn about plants with a quick and easy science project and then learn more with the free printable, parts of a plant worksheet for kindergarten.
Plant Activities for kindergarten
This amazing Parts of a Plant Activity is a great way for children to not only learn about how seeds become plants, but see it happen right before their very eyes.
- In a mason jar put several seeds around the outside of the jar. I suggest pea or green bean seeds as they are large enough to see well and also have a quick germination time. You will need to hold them in place when you do the next step.
- Next put moist, white paper towels in the jar to hold the seeds in place.
- Place the jar in a bright window and wait for the seeds to emerge into plants. Within days your students will be able to watch an amazing transformation! Don’t forget to grab the parts of a plant for kindergarten worksheet below to supplement your easy science experiment.
Parts of a plant worksheet kindergarten
We’ve also included a kindergarten science worksheets plants to do alongside this plants science experiment. This plant worksheets for kindergarten will help students learn science vocabulary, walk through the scientific method, and think through their experiment. The plant printable has spots for kids to fill in research, document their experiment, write a hypothesis, and note their observations including room at the bottom for drawings if you like.
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- How Plants Grow Worksheet are a fun math activity for spring
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets alphabet activity for kids
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Flower Sight Word Maze Workshets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Egg Experiment – Silly Spring Activities for Kids
Easy Science Projects for Kids
Looking for more fun, easy science experiments for kids of all ages? Try these ideas:
- Water Balloon Science Experiment
- Salt Crystal Hearts
- Egg Density Experiment
- How to make Frost in a can Science Experiment
- Free Animal Habitats sticker Worksheets
- Flower Science Experiment
- Month-by-Month Science Experiments for Kids
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment
- Candy Science with pretty skittles, lollipops, m & m’s and more!
- Red white and blue science experiments
- Why Does it Float? (Density for Kids)
- EASY Air Pressure Experiments with an Egg for Kindergartens
- Fizzing Christmas Ornament Christmas science experiments
- Free animal habitats kindergarten worksheets with stickers!
- Christmas Magic Milk Science Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- EASY! Dancing Hearts Science Experiment
- Are permanent markers permanent? Paper Chromatography experiment
- Simple Bending Water Experiment
- You MUST try this pretty, impressive Glitter Volcano science project
Download Parts of a Plant for kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!