Make learning about parts of a plant for kids fun with this hands-on plant activity and parts of a plant worksheet. This germinating beans science activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students who will be amazed at the rapid transformation that takes place as the seeds sprout and grow! Simply print pdf file with plants worksheets for kindergarten and you are ready for a fun planting activities for preschoolers!
Parts of a plant worksheet kindergarten
Kindergarten science is all about exploring the world around them and instilling a natural curiousity for how things work. Help kids explore the amazing process of how plants grow from a tiny seed with this fun plant activity. We’ve included a parts of a plant worksheet to help kids learn the terminology for the various parts of a plant and more! These plant activities for kindergarten are fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students as they explore how plants grow!
Parts of a plant for kindergarten worksheet
Plants worksheets for kindergarten
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare, or schooling at home – you will love this handy parts of a plant worksheet for kids of all ages. Help kids learn about the Parts of a Plant for Kids up close and personal with this easy science experiment. Children will be able to watch as a seed swells, sends down roots, and a stem and eventually leaves shoot up towards the light. This is a great way for kids to learn about plants with a quick and easy science project and then learn more with the free printable, parts of a plant worksheet for kindergarten.
Plant worksheets for kindergarten
This amazing Parts of a Plant Activity is a great way for children to not only learn about how seeds become plants, but see it happen right before their very eyes.
- In a mason jar put several seeds around the outside of the jar. I suggest pea or green bean seeds as they are large enough to see well and also have a quick germination time. You will need to hold them in place when you do the next step.
- Next put moist, white paper towels in the jar to hold the seeds in place.
- Place the jar in a bright window and wait for the seeds to emerge into plants. Within days your students will be able to watch an amazing transformation! Don’t forget to grab the parts of a plant for kindergarten worksheet below to supplement your easy science experiment.
Free printable parts of a plant worksheet
We’ve also included a kindergarten science worksheets plants to do alongside this plants science experiment. This plant worksheets for kindergarten will help students learn science vocabulary, walk through the scientific method, and think through their experiment. The plant printable has spots for kids to fill in research, document their experiment, write a hypothesis, and note their observations including room at the bottom for drawings if you like.
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- How Plants Grow Worksheet are a fun math activity for spring
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets alphabet activity for kids
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Flower Sight Word Maze Workshets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Egg Experiment – Silly Spring Activities for Kids
Fun Science Experiments
Here are some of our most popular lessons and activities or see all our science for kids conveniently sorted!
- 30 Simple Machines for Kids Experiments
- Launch this experiment and record your findings with this Coke and mentos experiment worksheet
- Lots of FUN Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Printable Solar System Worksheets (free) or planet worksheets for kindergarten
- Grab these free printable solar system coloring pages
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable body parts
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Free Printable Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Learn about famous female inventors with this read, color, and learn booklet for kids
- Leak proof bag fun science experiments
- Older students can dive deeper with these free skeletal system worksheet pages
- Amazing Why do leaves change color experiment
- Learn about seasons with this cool free 4 seasons printables
- Animals and their Babies matching puzzles
- Take a closer look at animals with this free printable animal report for for kids
Science Exeriments for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Weather Unit for prek-3rd graders filled with experiments, activities and weather worksheets
- Make it rain and write your observations in these cloud in a jar experiment worksheet
- Learn about our moon with these activities and moon worksheets for 1st grade
- Free Water Cycle Worksheets for kids
- Discover a world of geology with these rock worksheets for kids
- Free printable states of matter activity with clip cards
- Discover what lies below the surface with these free Layers of Earth Worksheets
- Make playdough earth layers with this super cool geology experiment for kids
- LOTS of year-round Science Experiments for Kids
- Kids will love this outrageously fun pipe clean constellations activity
- This look inside a volcano experiment for kids takes learning to a whole new level
- Chromatography Butterflies project for kids
- Learn about the kingdom Animalia with over 20 Zoo Scavenger Hunt free printables
- Harness the power of fruit with this simple Lemon Clock for kids
- Easy Bernoulli’s principle experiment at home
- Amaze kids with this simple burning candle experiment with free worksheets
Easy Science Experiments
Explore our science projects based on all science for kids, types of free science lessons, or seasonal science experiments.
- Gross and so cool Digestive System Project for kids of all ages
- Amazing Rainbow in a Jar Experiment for Kids
- Epic Baking Soda and Vinegar Rocket Experiment
- Cool Milk and Vinegar Expeirment making plastic!
- Learn about your amazing brain with this activity and brain worksheets
- How do hands work project for kids
- Super cool and easy-to-make, working lego balloon car
- Plants for kids lesson
- Explore magnets with these EPIC magnet experiments for kids
- Popsicle Stick Catapult for kids – simple STEM project
- Simple light bulb experiment (it actually lights up!)
- Easy-to-make balloon hoovercraft
- Bouncy Eggs and eggs in vinegar experiment worksheet
- Learn about density for kids with these simple balloon solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities
- Create your own super simple bot
- Beautiful, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- WOW your kids with how to make a Newton’s cradle project
- Heat-sensitive, Color Changing Slime is SO COOL!
Plants worksheet for kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!