Ahoy there me hearties! Get ready for a swashbuckling time with over 80 pages of free printable Pirate Worksheets. With so many clever and fun educational activities to practice math and literacy with preschool, pre k, first grade, and kindergarten – kids won’t realize they are learning!
There is just something about mysterious pirates that calls to children. Not sure if if is the cool lingo like “Shiver me Timbers”, “buckaneers” or “Ahoy there matey” or their super cool costumes. Perhaps it is that pirates are always on a treasure hunt, while traveling in massive antique ships. Or maybe it is that pirates do what they want, when they want. No matter what it is, they have the interest, curiousity, and intrigue of children and adults alike.
Shiver me timbers! This massive printable pack of Pirate Worksheets contains fun educational activities to make learning fun. Preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will have fun practicing math and literacy while focusing on the pirate theme.
Pirate Worksheets for Kindergarten
In addition to a printer to print the black and white or color pages, children will also need playdough, pom poms, mini pegs and scissors as well as coloring pencils, lead pencils markers, or crayons to complete the various activities.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Letters Tracing Worksheets – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Alphabet Letters Trace –Trace the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet to help kids learn to form letters.
- Trace the Numbers –Trace the numbers from one to twenty.
- 3 Part Cards – These pirate words can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the objects.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
Free Pirate Worksheets
The theme is carried throughout these free worksheets with the super cute clipart featuring gold coins, parrots, pirate hats, hooks, treasure maps, pirate ships, pirate boys, pirate girls, treasure chests, swords, steering wheels, pirate patches, and telscopes.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Find the correct answer and use pegs, paperclips or pom poms to mark the answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards –Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
Pirate Worksheets Free
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Coloring Pages –Color or decorate the pages.
- Color Matching Cards –Match the color; a great way to learn colors.
- Shadow Matching Cards –Match the picture with its shadow.
- Pirate or Farm? –Cut and paste the answers in the correct column.
- Trace the Lines –Trace between the lines.
- Cut along the lines –Cut along the lines until you reach the picture.
Free Pirate Printables
Why not have a whole pirate themed week with these additional pirate printables. Which kindergarten worksheets or preschool worksheets will you look at first?
Using themed packs is a fun way to incorporate early math and literacy while keeping kids attention with a common them they are interested in. Here are more kindergarten worksheets to make learning fun:
- Construction Themed Worksheets
- Dinosaur Themed Worksheets
- Beach Themed Worksheets
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears Worksheets – over 80 pages of math and literacy plus Goldilocks reader
- Pirate Themed Worksheets
- Weather Themed Worksheets
- Camping Themed Worksheets
- Farm Themed Worksheets
- Transportation Themed Worksheets
- Garden Themed Worksheets
- Summer Themed Worksheets
- Super Hero Themed Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!