Preschool and kindergarten kids will love thesesorting numbers and letters printables with a fun watermelon theme, what’s there not to love?! THis sorting numbers and letters is great for working on differentiating between a number and letter. Looking for a fun way to get kids identifying the difference between letters and numbers? This hands-on, cut and paste watermelon printable is a great game!
Sorting numbers and letters
If you are looking for a fun number learning games to work on tracing numbers and counting with a fun summer twist, you will love this watermelon math! This watermelon activities uses our free watermelon printables to make learning fun for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten.
Sorting letters and numbers
- Print in color or black and white
- Hand each page to a child
- Prepare some glue sticks
- Students will cut out the squares and perhaps color them in black or any other color.
- They will identify whether it’s a letter or a number.
- They will then paste to sort it accordingly onto the printable.
- I usually check their work to be sure they are doing this correctly.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice! I hope you kids benefit from and enjoy using this activity!
Kindergarten summer math
You can also laminate the mats and place them inside a binder for kids to do repeatedly.
Use these cards to help kids identify letters and numbers and fine motor skills skills.
This printable can be used after introducing the difference between numbers and letters and having kids identify them on the mat.
Some children do mistake numbers for letters and vice versa. This is a great way to reinforce these skills. This printable is also perfect for a special needs classroom.
I like to make sure kids can identify letters and numbers prior to completing this task to make sure they are capable of doing it.
I’ve also included an empty template where you can add your own letters and numbers (perhaps ones that you are working on?) to the printable.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Looking for more watermelon activity ideas or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Slime Watermelon Activities for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these watermelon activities for kids, watermelon activities (for older kids) and our watermelon activities for preschoolers
Counting Activities 0-10
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity 1-5
- Counting Farm Animals – numbers 1 to 5
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Tracing Numbers 1-20 printable free
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats
- Apple Count to 20 Activity with Hole Punch
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet
- Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards (plus number words recognition too)
- Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Sandcastle Number Tracing printable for kids
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Camping math activities for preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool or these butterfly math worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Sunflower Sunflower seed counting activity (counting to 10)
- Ice Cream Counting Printable Scooping Numbers 1-10
- Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough or this ladybug counting activity
- Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Free Watermleon Counting Activity <<