Help kids learn about American history for kids with these super cute, free pritnable, history coloring pages. Each of the American history coloring pages features a decade of US history for kids to color, read and learn. This US history coloring pages set is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. Using american history timeline printable allows kids to have fun working on their reading and fine motor skills while learning about the history of the decades from 1920 through 2000. Simply print the usa printable and you are ready to play and learn.
History Coloring Pages
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these History Coloring Pages which help students strengthen their fine motor skills while working on their reading skills. These free printable pages are perfect for pre k, kindergarten, preschool and grade 1,2 and 3 aged students. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, history or decades activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
American History Coloring Pages
US History Coloring Pages
This black and white activity is a fun no-prep activity, which children can decorate to their own liking after reading and learning about each of the decades. SImply set out crayons, colored pencils, or markers to decoarte the cute clipart depicting life in America throughout the different decades.
Children can practice their reading while reading the passages about each of the decades, before coloring in the objects that they read about. They can also research any of these objects and / or the decade to learn more about them, writing their thoughts on a separate page and creating a history of the decades book when finished.
American History Timeline Printable
- 1920s for kids coloring page – In the roaring twenties automobiles, gramaphones, and radios were affordable to the average middle class family. Jazz music was popular. Women were given the right to vote, kept jobs they held during WW1, and began to dress differently.
- 1930s for kids coloring page – Due to the Great Depresssion the 30s was a hard time for people. To distract themselves people went to movies, read books, listened to music, and watched sports. This era is known as the Golden Age of Hollywood and many movies were produced during this time period.
- 1940s for kids coloring page – Half of the 40s was dominated by World War 2. After the war ended the Baby Boomer generation came about as did many technological advancements such as jet engine, nuclear fusion, and rocket technology. They began exploring air and space.
- 1950s for kids coloring page – In the 50s famlies were moving out to the suburbs, watching 12″ black and white television sets, and men were generally the sole providers while women took care of the home and children. Rock and roll music emerged and teenagers went to soda parlors to listen to Elivs on the Juke Box and dance the sock hop.
- 1960s for kids coloring page – The sixties was a decade of revolution and protest to unpopular involvment in foreign wars. Fashion trends included deep dark colors, plaids, furs and hats, mini-skirts and go-go boots.
- 1970s for kids coloring page – The 70s fashion was cominated by bell bottom pants, flowing maxi dresses, ponchos, and frayed jeans. People began dancing Disco and more .
- 1980s for kids coloring page – The 80s was a decade filled with pop culture and fashion with bright, bold colors and oversized clothing. People styled big hair, listened to walkman, rollerskated, used polaroid cameras, and many started doing aerobics.
- 1990s for kids coloring page – The 90s was a decade of technological change including personal computers, the internet, movies, and television shows like Friends. New dance moves evolved and and the fast food scene grew.
- 2000s for kids coloring page – The 2000s came with many fearing Y2K and what would happen when computers moved to 00. In this decade computers and the internet became the norm, DVDs took over the videocassett scene, everyone was playing snake, and personal cell phones were all the rage.
American Worksheets for Kids
Looking for more fun, free, and engaging printables for teaching kids about the United States of America? Check out these USA resources:
- State Coloring Pages – color the state flags, state map, state bird, state flower, and famous state icons on each of the state coloring pages
- United States Coloring Book – includes a page for each of the 50 states
- Patriotic American Symbols for Kids Readers to Color and Learn
- American Symbols Worksheets for learning American Symbols and Landmarks (includes cut and paste, bridges, and more!)
- Free American Symbols for Kids Printable Worksheets to write down what you’ve learned
- 50 States Worksheets – grab these state printable to make learing a snap!
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- USA for Kids Printable book
- Super cute Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Presidents Worksheets for all US Presidents
- 50 President Coloring Pages
- Presidents for Kids – make your own fact book
- American Symbols for Kids Kindergarten Activity Sheets
- Vote for Kids – Election Worksheets for Kids
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids – SNAP
- 1990s Research Flip Book, 1980s Research Flip Book, 1930s Research Flip Book
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Convenient Free Printable State Capitals List for kids to reference
- Plus see all of our fun US history and geography resources —> US States for Kids
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Decade Posters – American history timeline printable
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
- American Decades History Coloring Pages
America Coloring Pages
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.