There are so many art projects for kindergarteners that it can be difficult to know where to start. When choosing art projects, it’s important to pick projects that will inspire kids and let them have fun. From handprints to famous artists, these projects are sure to spark a love of art.
Art Projects for Kindergarten
Art is important for kindergarteners to experience. Not only does art help young kids develop their fine motor skills and learn to follow directions, it also inspires them to be creative. Even when creating the same art project as another child, kids can be as creative as their imaginations allow. These art projects for kindergarteners are perfect for developing those important skills and inspiring a love of art.
Kindergarten Art Projects
Art Projects for Famous Artists
Kids can learn a lot about art from famous artists. One of the best lessons they can learn is that art doesn’t have to look a specific way. There are so many ways to create a masterpiece, from splattering paint all over a canvas to arranging shapes in a pattern. These art projects will use famous artists to teach kids to tap into their creative side.
- Tissue Paper Monet Art Project – Use tissue paper to create a dimensional art project styled after Monet.
- Fibonacci Art Project – This art project will teach kids all about Fibonacci’s style of art.
- Picasso Craft Felt Art – With a little bit of felt, any child can be Picasso.
- Monet Water Lilies Art Project – Here’s a fun art project that will turn out beautifully!
- Paul Klee Kids Art – Learn about colors and shapes with this Paul Klee art project.
- Van Gogh Sunflower Art Project – Kids can create their very own iconic work of art, just like Van Gogh!
- Jackson Pollock Art – There’s something exciting about Jackson Pollock’s art style. Kids will love creating their own!
- Elmer Meets Kandinsky – These Kandinsky inspired elephants are so much fun!
- Seurat Style Melted Crayon Art – This art project uses a different kind of supply … melted crayons!
- Apple Star Prints to Create Starry Night – Here’s another Van Gogh inspired art project that kids will love.
Four Season Art
No matter what time of year it is, there’s an art project that will match the season. Butterflies in spring, fireworks in summer, snowflakes in winter … the seasons are filled with inspiration for art. These art projects are sure to get kids excited about the season and interested in creating art.
- Sun-catcher Craft with Flowers – This sun-catcher art project is a great way to celebrate spring!
- Snowflake Art Project – Snowflakes are unique are these are projects will be too!
- Pop Up Butterfly Craft – Spring is all about butterflies. Use this craft to celebrate.
- Cherry Blossom Art Project – This cherry blossoms art project will get you excited for spring.
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks – Fireworks can go off at any time this summer with this art project.
- Snowy Owl Winter Craft – This winter, try something different and make a snowy owl.
- April Showers Brings May Flowers – April showers will bring beautiful May flowers. All you need are a few art supplies.
- Paper Tube Fireworks – Fireworks are easy and fun to make with this paper tube project.
- Raining Hearts Craft Mobile – Hearts are the theme this Valentine’s Day with this mobile craft.
- Butterfly Silhouette Art – Create a pattern and add a butter silhouette for a unique work of art.
Kids have the best art tools with them at all times. It’s not a paintbrush, it’s their hands! There are so many fun art projects that use kids’ hand-prints and thumbprints to create a colorful masterpiece. Who knew that something as simple as a hand can create a cow, bunny and even a galaxy!
- A is for Apple Hand Art – Learning the alphabet has never been so fun as it is with this hand-print art project.
- Galaxy Hand-print Art – Kids will love making a galaxy art project with their hands.
- Christmas Tree Thumbprint Art – This thumbprint art project can be given as a Christmas gift.
- Winter Tree Finger Painting – Get your fingers ready for some fun painting with this art project.
- Cow Hand-print Art – Grab the white and black paint and some googly eyes for a fun hand-print art project.
- Hand Print Heart Craft – This hand-print art project is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- A to Z Fingerprint Crafts – Fingerprint painting can help kids learn the alphabet, from A to Z.
- Heart Thumbprint Art – Use a cutout and fingerprint painting to create this beautiful heart.
- Bunny Hand-print Art – Hop along and have some fun with this bunny art project.
- Rainbow Hand Art Craft – Put together hand-prints in every color of the rainbow for this project.
These art projects for kindergarteners will get kids excited about art. They’ll inspire kids to create their own masterpieces using different tools, unique materials and their imaginations.