Make practicing counting to 12 fun with these free printable Watermelon Counting Puzzles for hands on math for kindergarten, preschool, and pre k children. This is perfect for a summer themed learning activity.
Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and show their numbers? These fun Watermelon Counting Puzzles are perfect for that! Learners will count the dots on the puzzle piece and then match it to the numeral on the corresponding piece.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this fun math activity for kindergartners, preschoolers, and pre k students is sure to be a hit! Use this educational learning activity as part of a watermelon theme, summer learning, math center in your classroom, or as a supplement to any math curriculum.
Simply print the page in color on plain paper or on cardstock. Use a laminator for durability.
Prepare and cut up the laminated puzzles for use. Place them in a sealable zip lock bag or use a rubber band to keep these Watermelon Counting Puzzles together for easy use. You can also use these in a fun file folder with Velcro.
The preschoolers, prek, or kindergartners will then count the dots in each puzzle piece, they will then look for the corresponding number shown on the other puzzles. If you’d like to differentiate this activity, you certainly can by using the number watermelon puzzles to 5 or ten with groups of students. If they aren’t ready to count just yet, a great alternative activity is to place the puzzles into a tub of blue water beads (ice) and they will get the cards from the tub and then identify the numbers on the puzzles.
This task can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on identifying the numbers and more advanced learners working on their counting skills on each puzzle set.
These Watermelon Counting Puzzles are a hands-on and perfect way for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting using popsicles! What a great way to reinforce a love of learning math!
Are you planning a watermelon theme this week? Don’t miss these fun ideas and free resources:
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough mats
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Number Lines
- Cute Watermelon Suncatcher Craft
- W is for Watermelon Hand Art Project
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Watermelon Counting Book
- Hands-on Watermelon Alphabet Mats
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Count to 10 Watermelon Clip Cards
- Watermelon Theme for Preschoolers
Kindergarten Counting Activities
- Skip Counting Constellation Worksheets
- Counting Sprinkles Donut Play dough Mats
- Safari Counting to 30 Game
- Super Hero Counting on a Number Line
- Monster Memory Game – Counting 1 to 12
- Ice Cream Counting Cards
- 5 Little Monkeys Counting Book
- Monster Counting Activity
- Farm Counting Worksheets
- Free Count to 20 Pearl Worksheets
- Pet Shop Count to 20 Printable reader
- See all our Kindergarten Counting Activities
- Strawberry Counting Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!