Make practicing counting fun with this hands-on Apple Counting that also works on improving coordination and strengthening hand muscles.
Fall Worksheets for Kids
- FREE Roll & Learn Fall Kindergarten Worksheets
- Scarecrow Printable Pack
- HUGE Farm Unit
- Fall Color by Letter
- Pumpkin Counting Mats
- Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity
- Ice Cream Sprinkles Count
- Counting Train using Post-It Notes
- Fall Leaves Shapes Activity
- FREE Fall Shapes Emergent Reader
- Fall Counting CLip Cards
- Acorn Counting Game
- Color & Trace Fall Number Worksheets
- 31 October Crafts for Kids
This fun Apple Worm Hole Punching activity combines counting with strenthening and improvement of fine motor skills as well as hand-eye coordination. That’s a lot of learning in one simple, easy-to-prep activity!
Have you ever noticed how kids love to use the single hole puncher? It must be something about the clicking noise and the result of a perfectly round hole that makes kids feel accomplished! And this Apple Worm Hole Punching activity is both exciting and full of learning. The child has to make as many holes with the hole puncher as it says on each apple. While using the hole puncher they’re unknowingly strenthening those little fingers and wrists and improving dexterity. This activity is also perfect for learning the numbers. Try counting each hole punch that the child makes along with them. Counting out loud helps the child learn the order of numbers and memorize them better
Apple with Worm
For this activity you’ll need:
- Cardstock (red, green)
- Colored permanent markers
- Craft scissors
- Scotch tape
- Single Hole Puncher
Cut the red cardstock using the craft scissors into approximately 3″ x 4″ cards. Make 10, or up to the number you’ll be counting.
Using the permanent markers, draw an apple on each card. Add a stem and leaf. You can color in the stem brown and leaf green or you can leave it out.
Number each card by writing the number 1-10 inside the apple.
Math Activity for Kindergarten
Next, cut out a small worm using the green cardstock. Using a black permanent marker add eyes and a smile.
Cut a small piece of scotch tape and tape to the end of the hole puncher.
Now your little caterpillar is ready to munch away at the apples!
Looking for more apple printables to go along with your theme? Check out these super cute free printables:
- Apple Sight Words Activity
- Clip Strips: Alphabet Apples
- Apple Letter Find Worksheets
- Apple Math Worksheets
- Printable Apple Counting Mini Book
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Count to 20 Hole Punching Cards
- ABC Puzzles with a cute apple theme
- Apple Science Experiment Worksheets
- Count to 20 Apple Playdough Mats
- I Spy Apples
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Printable Apple Worksheets for Preschool
- Alphabet Apple Sounds Book
Download Apple Letter Find
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only. To share, please share a link to our site so others can download their own copy directly.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!