Looking for fun Presidents Day activities and Presidents Day Crafts to help kids learn about US Presidents? These fun Presidents Day for Kids ideas are prefect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. We’ve included fun patriotic science experiments, American coloring pages, presidents day printables, crafts for presidents day, president coloring pages, and so many more fun ways to play and learn about American Presidents!
Presidents Day for Kids
The third Monday of every February is President’s Day. Originally, President’s Day was celebrated on February 22nd, which was George Washington’s birthday, but the holiday was moved to the third Monday of the month to make it easier to take the day off from work. Although a lot of children are off of school on the official President’s Day, teachers and homeschooling parents can spend the week leading up to the holiday teaching kids about the current president and all past presidents. We have lots of fun ideas for celebrating Presidents Day for kids with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergatners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. We have presidents day activities, presidents day crafts, and lots of free presidents day worksheets for kids to play and learn!
Presidents Day Activities
Start your day off trying one of these Presidents Day activities for kids to get kids excited about this fun presidents day theme filled with lots of ideas for your lesson plan!
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments – simple chemical reaction that will make kids say WOW!
- Build a log cabin for president’s day. // No Time for Flashcards
- Presidents Day Spelling activity
Presidents Day Crafts
- Abraham Lincoln Crafts with paper plate and log cabin idea
- Presidents Day Hat – fun-to-make Tricorn Hat for Kids
- Easy American Flag Craft for Kids
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Firework Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- George Washington Craft – super cute paper plate presidents day craft
- Abraham Lincoln Craft and writing project
Presidents Day Printables
- Try our HUGE, Free Presidents Day Worksheets Pack filled with lots of ideas for your Presidents Day Lesson Plan
- Free Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Patriotic Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Patriotic Subtraction Printables
- President coloring pages are perfect for President Coloring Pages
- Printable Presidents for Kids book that teach all about the American presidents.
Young kids can build reading skills with these president’s day emergent readers. // A Dab of Glue Will DoThis printable president unit study will keep kids entertained all day long. // Royal Baloo
- Learn to count and put the presidents in order with these president counting cards. // J Daniel 4’s Mom
- Use these president printables with older kids. // Domestic Mommyhood
- Presidents Day Spelling
- Use these president coloring pages to learn more about presidents in our past.
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- USA For Kids Printable Book
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US State Symbols Mats
- American Revolution for Kids
- Printable Maps for Kids
- American Symbols Worksheets
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable BINGO 4th of July Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- Simply 4th of July Fireworks Crafts