Make learning about the time concept fun with this super cute, free telling time activity that uses playdough mats for a hands-on math activity for kindergartners, pre-k, and grade 1 students. Simply download pdf file with telling time games and grab some play doh and you are ready to work on learning to tell the time. This Kindergarten Telling time activity is great for at home, in the classroom, or as summer learning!
Telling Time ActivityTelling time can be a tricky concept for children to grasp. Hands-on learning activities like this is the best to teach them about time, while making it fun too! There are digital time cards and time in words. Decide which cards will be appropriate to use for your child.
Telling time games
Learning to Tell the TimePlay all the “on the hour” cards a few times until the child understands how the short hand shows the hour and the long one must be on the 12 to be exactly “…o’clock”.
Telling the time exercisesWhen the child understands the concept “on the hour”, you can move onto the half past concept. Explain it like this: The long hand moved halfway around the face(getting to 6), which means that it is halfway around the circle, aka half past 10.
Kindergarten Telling TimeOnly move onto quarter to/past and other concepts once the child is ready for it. If a child does not know what a quarter is, he/she will not easily understand the concept. Remember to always keep the activity age/skill appropriate. Bring fun to learning about telling time with this hands-on telling time playdough mat activity! Grab your free copy now!
Telling Time Worksheets PDFLooking for more fun, free, and hands on activities for teaching kids to tell time? You will love these resources!
- You will love this fun, engaging Free Printable Telling Time Games Tic-Tac-Toe
- Super cute insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Free Printable Telling Time Games MAZES
- Students will have fun practicing counting American money with these Coin Value Clip Cards
- Telling Time Puzzles – make practicing using a clock a game for young learners with this telling time game
- Telling Time Game BUMP!
- Clever Snowman Telling Time Activities
- Hands-on Hickory Dickory Clock Game
- 26 Fun Telling Time Activities Games
Don’t miss these other AMAZING free playdough mats!
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Pencil Playdough Mats
- Winter Playdough Mats
- Spring Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Summer Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments Playdough Mats
- Human Body Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats
Telling time worksheets pdfBy downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!