Kids will have fun practicing matching uppercase and lower case letters and working on beginning sounds with this fun valentines day activities for February. This valentines day activities kindergarten and pre-k is such a fun valentines day ideas for school to help kids work on literacy and phonics skills with a fun heart and valentine theme. Students will say the name of the picture out loud and listen for the initial sound. THen they will add cute heart stamps to their valentine and writ the missing letter on the envelope. To get started, simply print pdf file with valentines day worksheets and you are ready for a fun, hands-on Alphabet Valentines Activity perfect for February.
Valentines day activities kindergarten
This alphabet matching game is such a clever, super cute way for kids to practice both matching upper and lowercase lettesr and working on phonemic awareness by listening for beginning word sounds. Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will have fun with this Valentine’s Day Mail for Preschool and Kindergarten age kids. This hands-on is way better than valentine worksheets for kindergarten as children can do the activity over and over again.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this valentine activities for kindergarten is a great way to sneak in some phonics, reading, and spelling practice to your day. Use this as extra practice, february literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Valentines day worksheets kindergarten
Valentine worksheets for kindergarten
Start out by printing out the pages of mail (with four alphabet valentines per page) and the pages of uppercase and lowercase alphabet stamps.
Then, laminate the pages and cut apart.
Valentines day activities
Kids will say the picture on the mail out loud and figure out what beginning sound is missing. Then they will use a dry erase marker to write that letter and trace the other letters to spell the picture image.
Valentines day ideas for school
Finally, students will put both an uppercase and lowercase letter stamps on their mail. If you like, students can set the mail in the mailbox.
This activity is not only great phonics practice, but reusable. Just wipe clean and you are ready to let kids practice this FEbruary literacy activity again.
Valentines Day Activities for Kindergartners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this Valentines Day Math
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Color by Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Worksheets
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Valentiens Day Symmetry for Kids – kids will have fun learning about symmetry with these drawing prompts.
- ABC Valentines Day Worksheets – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentine’s Day Math Craft – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut and paste math craft
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Snap Cube Valentines Day Worksheets – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiment is a fun and simple science experiment that will delight kids of all ages!
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines rhymes for kids
- Valentines Alphabet Activity – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- CVC Words Valentines Day Worksheets– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Chocolate Shape Valentine Playdough Mats – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Lock and Key valentine matching game printable – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Alphabet Valentines Day Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s Day Worksheets!
Valentines Day Crafts
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Wow! These FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages are sure to keep kids engaged
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Alphabet Valentines Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Day Designs.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
The alphabet valentine activity is adorable, but there is no “letter” for letters e and f. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful games!!
All fixed =) Thanks for the heads up!
Thank you so much!!! I love it!!
Thank you so much!!! I love it!!