This super cute, fun-to-make number sense owl craft is perfect for helping preschool and kindergarten age kids work on number sense – such an important math skill.
More FREE Kindergarten Winter Printables
- Winter Dot Marker Printables
- Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Pack
- Alphabet Worksheets
- Winter Color by Number
- Snowman Worksheets
- Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Winter Count to 10 Pack
- Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
Number Sense Owl Crafts
Preschool and kindergarten kids will love these owl themed math crafts! Looking for a fun way to reinforce number sense and recognition? These printable math owls will have finding the matching number pieces, cutting and pasting to build their owls. They can easily identified and you could tell if they have built their owls correctly by checking the pieces. These can be printed on large poster papers and hung as a display!
- A4 paper
- Colored crayons
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class – you also have the option of printing these as mini booklets and have the kids create their owls independently. I like the option of hanging these number sense owls for display!
Number Sense Owl Crafts
Need an engaging activity in teaching number sense? These fun printable owl crafts will get kids to identify the number shown on the owl’s body, find the matching number pieces in dice, tally, number word and ten frame form. Once they do this, they could color the matching pieces in one set color so that it’s easier to cut and paste the pieces onto the correct owl piece. If you have already introduced the kids to the different ways they could identify numbers (dice, tally makrs, ten frames) then all you need to do is review these quickly before starting this activity! Otherwise, they would color and decorate anyway they wish to! These printables are simple and effective! The kids will love to ‘build their owls’. They make great keepsakes and independent work practice.
You can have the kids work on one set of numbers like numbers to 5 or you could get them to work on numbers to 10. This activity can easily be differentiated!
Winter Educational Activities
Download Number Sense Owl Crafts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!