This super cute, fun-to-make number sense owl craft is perfect for helping preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids work on number recognition of numbers 1-10. In this Owl Activities for Kindergarten students will cut and paste the owl together by putting the right numeral, dice dots, tally marks, ten frame, and number word together. This is such a fun math craft for practicing such an important math skill.
Owl Activities for Kindergarten
Preschoolers and kindergartens will love working on number sense while making these super cute math owls! This owl math craft is perfect for fall, winter or spring as you help students with counting to 10. This owl activities for kindergarten is such a fun way to reinforce number recognition as children find matching number pieces, cutting and pasting to build their owls. They can easily identified and you could tell if they have built their owls correctly by checking the pieces. These can be printed on large poster papers and hung as a display!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this number sense printable math activity is perfect for extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Number Sense Owl Craft
Number crafts for preschoolers
To prepare this fun number crafts for preschool all you need are a few simple supplies you probably already have on hand:
- A4 paper
- Colored crayons
Print as many sets as you need for the number of students in your class – you also have the option of printing these as mini booklets and have the kids create their owls independently. I like the option of hanging these number sense owls for display!
Need an engaging activity in teaching number sense? These fun printable owl crafts will get kids to identify the number shown on the owl’s body, find the matching number pieces in dice, tally, number word and ten frame form. Once they do this, they could color the matching pieces in one set color so that it’s easier to cut and paste the pieces onto the correct owl piece. If you have already introduced the kids to the different ways they could identify numbers (dice, tally marks, ten frames) then all you need to do is review these quickly before starting this activity! Otherwise, they would color and decorate anyway they wish to! These printables are simple and effective! The kids will love to ‘build their owls’. They make great keepsakes and independent work practice.
You can have the kids work on one set of numbers like numbers to 5 or you could get them to work on numbers to 10. This activity can easily be differentiated!
Kindergarten Winter Printables
- Winter Dot Marker Printables for practicing color words
- Build a Snowman Worksheet for working on sequencing
- Arctic Animals Preschool Printables – huge pack with lots of ways to learn math and literacy skills!
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction within 10
- Counting Snowman Printables– make a book to count to 10 snowmen
- Winter Color by Number
- Huge Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Winter Count to 10 Pack
- Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
- Puffy Snow Paint for Kids
- Super cute Snowman Craft with circle stickers
- Count to 10 Snowman Activities for Preschool
- Snow Globe Find the Letter Worksheets
- Snowman Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Free Winter Playdough Mats
- Winter Alphabet Matching
- Beginning Sounds Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Pattern Block Printables
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Free Winter Worksheets
- Snowman Clock and telling time activities for Kindergarten
- Easy DIY Snow Globe
Number Sense Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!