Getting comfortable with numbers is half the battle when it comes to children who have math anxiety or just a little intimidated by math. One way to give your child that opportunity is to provide engaging activities that reinforce number skills. Number Build and Add Lego Mats are one tool to add to your fun math toolbox. This lego printable works on both number recognition and as a counting manipulative to work with addition activities for kindergarten.
Addition activities for kindergarten
Print the Number Build and Add Lego Mats. You may want to consider laminating the pages for using multiple times or simply1. print out pages as needed. Each page shows the number to study, a place to build the number with Legos, a place to build the new number after being prompted to add to it, and finally a space to write the number sentence. Your child will enjoy this activity while learning to add and create addition sentences.
Teaching addition to kindergarten
- Bring a few sheets and a small bag of Legos to a restaurant for a fun activity while your child waits for her meal.
- Use the Legos as math manipulatives to aid in learning addition.
- Extend the learning by asking your child to add other numbers than the number on the worksheet.
- Use a die and roll to find a number as the addend. Adds to the fun and extends the learning.
- Challenge your child to create the number sentence out of Legos.
Looking for more free lego printables for kids of all ages? Try these resources
- Lego Alphabet Mats
- Numbers Mats using Lego bricks
- Lego Multiplication Flashcards
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling tests
- Learning the Books of the Bible with Lego
- Free Lego Activities for Kids Printable
- Lego All About Me Printable
- Lego Minifigure Spelling Game
- Journaling with Lego is a fun creative writing idea
- Non Newtonian Experiment with Lego
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego
- Summer Build and Tell Lego Challenge Cards
- Community Helpers Lego Challenge
- Famous Landmarks Around the World Challenge Cards
Addition Activity for Kindergarten
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Fish Kindergarten Addition Puzzles Activity
- Free Christmas Addition worksheets
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Pigs in the Mud Addition Facts to 10
- Butterfly Mats Addition Activity
- See all of our many FREE addition games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Free Lego Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!