Kids will have fun working on shape recognition with these matching shapes worksheets. This free printable shape worksheets for kindergarten, preschool, and pre-k is a low prep, hands-on math activity with a fun balloon theme. Simply print pdf file with free printable matching shapes worksheets and have fun playing and learning with this shape activity for kindergarten.
Matching shapes worksheet
Looking for a fun way to get preschoolers and kindergartners to learn shapes? This shape activity for kindergartners includes a shape mat and eight shapes that kids can learn to identify and read along with matching shape cards for them to match. These matching shapes worksheets include the star moon, circle, oval, square, heart, triangle, and pentagon shapes. These free printable matching shapes worksheets are simple to prep and it provides a fun engaging shape activity for kids!
Matching shapes worksheet pdf
Matching shapes worksheets for kindergarten
Print as many sets as you need for the number of groups in your class. If you are using these in a center, it’s a great idea if you have an extra set just in case you want another group to get started on the activity. There are 8 shapes and two mats (one in colour and one in black and white).
This shapes mat is such a fun way for kids to practice learning shape names and properties! Print as many as you need for the number of students in your class!
Matching shapes worksheet for preschool
- Print the play mat in color and then laminate it. Print, laminate and cut up the shape cards separately.
- If you’re using a binder to store the mat, it’s a good idea to include a little tab to label it so you’re able to find it easily in the future.
- Place the shape cards in a little zip lock bag and attach it to the binder or insert it into the pockets.
- Start by naming the shapes on the mat. The kids can repeat after you. If you’re in a large class, you could show this on a projector so the whole class can see.
- The kids will then choose a ‘balloon’ color card and identify the shape. They will then look for the corresponding shape on the mat and place it there.
- They will continue this until they’re done.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
- Fun shapes game with pritnable boardgame
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Balloon Matching Shapes Worksheets – Kindergarten Math Activity
- Water Balloon Experiment for FUN summer science
- Educational Balloon Games
- FUN Lego Ballon Car that is simple to make
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
- Pop Rocks Balloon Experiment
Balloon Shape Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Balloon Shape Activity <<