Keep kids excited about reading with these super cute, pencil themed, free printable reading logs for kindergarten. These reading worksheets are such a fun way to motivate kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students.
Free Printable Reading Logs for Kindergarten
Help kids get excited about and track what they’ve read with this back to school, pencil themed, free printable reading logs for kindergarten. Students will love recording books they’ve read with these pencil themed reading log printables. Looking for a fun way to reinforce and encourage reading skills? These printables will have kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Simply download pdf file, print, and color the pencils with crayons, colored pencils, or markers to show how many books you’ve read. I’ve also included editable bookmarks so you can add your own months!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this hand free reading logs.
Reading Log Coloring Sheet
- A4 paper
- Crayons or dry erase markers
Print the set you would like to use. There are printable sheets and bookmarks, you can choose to bookmarks for a way to get students to independently read books and use them inside their books or have them complete their reading logs by the month on an individual sheet.
Free Printable Reading Log
Use these kindergarten reading log printable free to help kids develop a love of reading. They will love wanting to colour their ‘pencils’ to complete their reading logs. You can create a fun prize at the end of the month if they have completed their reading logs. Like little gift bags of chocolate or a fun healthy snack they love. They can even ‘win’ screen time on the iPads. Reading logs are a great way to encourage kids to also read at home. If you struggle to hand out regular homework to kids, these can be a perfect way to encourage reading at home AND target literacy skills on a daily basis. Hand these out, keep them in their folders. Parents will love this addition to their monthly workbooks.
Reading Log for Kindergarten
I will be using these in my homeschool this year, I will print the free reading log for kindergarten and place them into each child’s manilla folder as they work on their reading skills and as they listen to me read them books. Have the kids colour an item on the page each time they read a book or they listen to someone else reading a book to them.
Free Reading Logs
- Monthly Reading Log – this free printable has ‘traditional’ monthly themes
- Bookshelf Free Printable Reading Logs – super cute and fun for kids of all ages!
- Frozen Free Printable Reading Logs – kids will have fun tracking their reading and the books they’ve read with this motivating free printable for kids of all ages
- Princess Free Printable Reading Logs – students will have fun tracking their reading with these free pritnable reading logs
- Super Hero Free Printable Reading Logs – using a favorite theme of kids will encourage kids to read
- Cars Free Printable Book Logs – children will have fun tracking the books they’ve read with these clever free reading log
- Summer Free Printable Reading Logs – students will be motivated to read this summer with these ideas
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks – this is a great tool for making sure kids are understanding what they are reading
- Reading Levels by Grade – how to pick the right books for every reading level and tons of printable book lists too
Pencil Reading Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classrooom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!